Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Breaking in a set of axioms.
#8242 02/06/03 09:31 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
For those without an editor, here's a pic that will show that they're the same color. I was holding out on this one so that people would actually be skeptical.

http://members.lycos.nl/amazingart/images/adelson_checkershadow_expl.jpg

What our brain preceives isn't always what's real. But then you have to ask yourself the question, does it really matter?

If we hear the speakers change after 20 hours, does that really matter? The fact of the matter is that for a lot of people, after listening to a pair of speakers for several hours they sound better.

The only fact that should really matter is that speakers tend to be more enjoyable after you've listened to them for a while.

Re: Breaking in a set of axioms.
#8243 02/06/03 09:47 PM
veteran
veteran
No not really

The argument against your comment is that this excuse of breakin is BS. The excuse is being used to sell someone on speakers that they may not necessarily like the sound of. They take them home don’t like what they hear and go back to the person/store that they purchased them from maybe to return them, in most cases they would if given the opportunity take another model. In most cases a better/higher end model, but instead they are given some BS about the speakers breaking in or even better that the electronics have to breaking in, (in the case of your new receiver, Marc, remind me to never send some unsuspecting person to your store). The person goes home and get accustomed to the sound then suddenly they are OK and why? Well see because just like we told you they had to break in! Give me break!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters