devotee
devotee
No worries. I can see your point.

Craig

Re: Calling Ajax and lomb7-Rocket 1k
#83501 03/02/05 04:35 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Well, we'll just agree to disagree on this one. I sort of feel, the goal is to provide as much information as possible in order to help the poster end up with a system he/she is happy with. Perhaps I have it wrong. Perhaps the goal is to sell Axioms. If this is the case, then perhaps we ARE shills. Other brands are often discussed here, and we have several members who don't even own Axioms.

I'm offended by the "pooping in your own bed" analogy, and I don't appreciate anyone questioning my "loyalty" to Axiom, because I talk about other brands. I don't feel either Axioms or Rockets are perfect speakers. And characterizing the discussion of their strengths and weaknesses as disloyalty is a real stretch. Again, if we can't do that, then we DO become shills.

I have always been comfortable with recommending Axioms, and always will be. But, the reality is there are some people, in certain circumstances, for whom another brand would be would be a better fit.

And if you "go over to av123 and explain the M80 experience," the possibility exists that someone will react just like you, and tell you that it isn't "the right message board to discuss it." I will feel they are making a mistake as well.

Ravi posted about his Rocket purchase over at av123, and my reaction to that was "Alright Ravi! Congratulations!" Had he chosen the M80s, my reaction here would have been "Alright Ravi! Congratulations!" I don't give a hoot what he chooses. I only care that he makes the right decision for HIM! If that is contrary to the purpose of this board, then perhaps I'm in the wrong place.

Just my .02

Edit: Posted this before seeing your last post tleigh, but decided to let it stand to see what others think. I appreciate your reconsiderating your initial thoughts.

Last edited by Ajax; 03/02/05 04:37 AM.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#83502 03/02/05 05:31 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Your .02 is just that and it's fair. My opinion was just that an opinion that I felt I needed to get off of my chest. I'm offended at the whole post so I guess were even. I don't feel any different about what I said nor do I feel the need to justify my response. I feel that I made it fairly clear. However, I think a little tact on my part would've been a little classier.

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM
#83503 03/02/05 06:19 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
To be honest, when your post title starts with "Calling Ajax and lomb7", it's probably better handled as a PM sent to each of those users.

#83504 03/02/05 12:14 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
I have great respect for folks on this board and I am a loyal Axiom owner. One of the beautiful things about the Axiom board is the genuine help offered. Remember, I got the suggestion to look at the Rocket Center channel speaker on this board in the first place. I never considered Rockets before that. I even told the guy who took my order at Rocket that. He asked me how I had heard of rockets and I said on Axiom board. He was shocked!

I feel it was appropriate to post on this board because
1. One of the systems in consideration is Axiom
2. I trust people's judgement here and I have always benefited from the advice here.
3. I do not know the people on the Rocket board and I would expect them to say rockets are the best anyway. That is information I cannot use.

Calling Ajax and lomb7 was because they are the only two people I know who own both Axioms and rockets. I will soon become another one with that privilege. I wanted everyone's input not just theirs.

Hope this clarifies. Again as I said before, I will always be a proud Axiom owner.

#83505 03/02/05 02:28 PM
axiomite
axiomite
>> would just hate to tell someone that Brand A is the very best only to have them hate it because they do not have a Brand B to compare Brand A to. So, I offer up thoughts and suggestions.

Agree 100%. The nature of the audio business is that there isn't a simple "best" in most cases -- everything has pros & cons, and the trick is to match the pros & cons with the personal priorities of the purchaser.

One thing that lets the Axiom board be a bit more "open" is that the products are good enough to "often" be the best choice, which is pretty unusual in any business. I'm not saying we should ever be posting an "Axioms are crap, buy something else" message (unless they launch a real turkey ), just providing some context so a prospective purchaser can better understand the alternatives. You know there are only four outcomes anyways :

- they buy Axioms
- they buy something with a different sound they prefer (usually less accurate but they're happy)
- they spend more than Axioms cost and sometimes get something nicer
- they get WAF'ed and buy something not so good with nice veneer or really small mains

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
#83506 03/02/05 04:01 PM
devotee
devotee
Thank you all for your feedback on this. I think that we have all learned some valuable information. I am not one of those that enjoys a pissing match (being in one or watching). Saying that, it is my feeling that 99$ of the people here agree with that (and Ajax's thoughts). I will leave it at that.

It is my feeling that this forum was created to share thoughts and knowledge. With that in mind, I would never want to censor my feelings. If that is the case then I will walk away. I agree that the subject of this thread may have been worded better as to include others in the conversation, but to only PM discusions would be a waist of everyones time here. We are all here to learn and I think, in the end, Ravi may come away with something he will value, being both an Axiom and a Rocket owner (like me).

I cherish all those that have taken their time to share with me and I have gained some amazing knowledge and some even more amazing friends.

I wish you all the best.

#83507 03/02/05 04:55 PM
devotee
devotee
Ravi, you have PM

#83508 03/03/05 02:40 AM
local
local
Well said.

I am a former Axiom owner (had an Axiom system for the trial period)and I shouldn't be viewed as a traitor because I returned them, opted for something else, and continue to visit this forum. Nobody has ever treated me as such, by the way.

The fact that there are people on this forum who own other speakers (whether they have both Axioms and Brand X or only Brand X) makes it a more informative place, in my opinion. Imagine if every time somebody posted an "Axiom vs. Brand X" thread all anybody could say was "I have never heard Brand X, but I do like my Axioms". Sure, that might be the case sometimes because there are so many brands out there. However, there have been (and will be)other times when somebody was able to respond and speak from first-hand experience regarding Brand X.

The way I see it, the fact that many members of this forum own different speaker brands (or used to own, etc.) allows the audience/poster/potential Axiom customer to receive more effective feedback. Diversity is a good thing, no?

#83509 03/03/05 01:24 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Nice point you TRAITOR! lol just kidding wink wink and all that

------------------------------------------------
Leave the gun, Take the canolis.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics