Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Summary of NRC measures
#88809 04/05/05 05:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Thought posted in new thread.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/05/05 05:53 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Re: M3 first thoughts
#88810 04/05/05 03:52 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
>>Glad to hear your first impressions were really good. They are really nice speakers. Where do you have them positioned right now -- M3s on the stands, stands on the ledge?

Heh-heh ... umm the M3s are temporarily on the edge of a honkin' huge computer desk (left) and a low bookcase/table (right). The room is a disaster because changing window treatments in our bedroom caused ... the need for the room to be painted, of course. So everything moveable had to be piled in the family room and we're living upstairs in our daughter's bedroom (she's at college).

So the stands might not come back into that room until next week. However the speakers actually are positioned pretty close to where I plan them to be anyway, about equidistant from the couch, except left about 4" higher than right. They are about 15" from the wall though. So at least I can let my ears (speakers?) break in sitting on the couch in the middle of that mess monitoring this forum on my PowerBook

Maybe by the time everything's put together I will have thought up an ironclad rationale for using the FM Brackets, still in their little boxes in all the mess. (Wife adheres to the HGTV gospel, which doesn't recognize wall-mounted speakers, preferring them in armoires, or some such ...)

BTW I'm horrifically embarrassed at misspelling "Krauss" (Alison) at the beginning. I keep mixing it up with the guy on "6 Feet Under."

Re: M3 first thoughts
#88811 04/05/05 06:56 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Break-in? Hmmmm....
Don't remember break-in with my M3s, do remember though that I didn't care much for them at first, but that went away for sure within the first day.

When I connected up the M50s I paid attention, and "Break-in" lasted about 20 to 25 minutes. Although they "seemed" to get progressively better(ears?)over the next few days.

I don't know if there's a suggested way to break them in, but after reviewing these posts for a goodly number of years, haven't found anything diffinative from Mgt.(that I can recall)other than break-in(if that's the right term)shouldn't last for more than an hour or so,-don't remember the exact number, but Ian himself mentioned it a couple of years back. (Don't quote me cause I can't quote him)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters