Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: How to convert the unconverted? BOSE owners
#91399 04/21/05 07:32 PM
old hand
old hand
You would think people are passionately dissing Bose here, i mean...6 pages of posts!...yet here you are discussing lampspeakers... which btw is an excellent idea!

#91400 04/22/05 02:15 PM
veteran
veteran
In reply to:

Hey Shag,

Checked out your pics. Nice system. Have you thought of putting a shelf just above your TV so that you could drop down the VP150 a foot or two? It could really improve the seamlessness between center and mains and anchor the dialog a bit more.

Yes I've thought about and explored some ideas. On another thread around here, others even drew up diagrams for me suggesting the same.

I'm not that anal about it and don't really notice it at all. Other's may notice it, but as most everyone says, if it sounds good to my ears it is just fine." Plus I'm too busy right now to bother with making some kind of shelf.

Shag
#91401 04/22/05 02:16 PM
veteran
veteran
In reply to:

women is not a hobby. It is a way of life.

I still consider women a hobby. A WIFE is a way of life.

Shag
#91402 04/22/05 03:52 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
You got that straight.

(I am not complaining, though.)

#91403 04/22/05 07:32 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Uh....But, which track is that?

Ok, I know.... the patio rocks with speakers inside DO look OK on my end tables, but the wife WOULD rather have speaker-lamps.

Remember those German speakers we were discussing a few days or weeks ago? The ones that look like jet engine inlet bellmouths? Now THEY would make classy, colorfull lampshade speakers!

On another track:

Another reason why Bose and other HTIB sell so well? Here's a theory: Maybe cause the sound is kinda like "no highs, no lows, must be...."Sanyo...or GE or RCA or Sony or any number of other standard ol' fashioned TV sets with lil' bitty built-in speakers that are "easier" to listen to than a full blown quality sounding HT system like the ones "we'uns" all have.(chuckle)

Think about it.

Go and listen to one of your kids bedroom TVs and what do you hear? Voices are always intelligible cause the music isn't trying to compete with it. The bass-cause it ain't there-isn't adding to the confusion of an active scene. Your attention isn't drawn to the clarity of the music-and away from the story-cause the clarity of the music is just so-so, so, who cares? So, if you want TV sound from all directions, get a system that puts TV speakers...in all directions. Great, I'll bet, for those who just want to watch TV...

(and hide their speakers in flower pots-or lamps-or rocks!!!)

#91404 04/22/05 07:42 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Let's of people just don't know any better. Think when you were first getting started and knew little to nothing about speakers and HT. Personally, I was looking at the Onkyo HTIB at first. I liked that I could get everything for about $500. I was close to getting this, but started doing some more research, listened to more speakers, grew my budget, and ended up with Axioms a couple of months later. I think many people find that, like that it is small and affordable, and truly don't know what they would be missing with better speakers, so they get it. They have something that in their experience sounds good (it's still a big upgrade from the TV speakers) at a good price as well.

#91405 04/22/05 07:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

Let's of people just don't know any better. Think when you were first getting started and knew little to nothing about speakers and HT. Personally, I was looking at the Onkyo HTIB at first. I liked that I could get everything for about $500. I was close to getting this, but started doing some more research, listened to more speakers, grew my budget, and ended up with Axioms a couple of months later. I think many people find that, like that it is small and affordable, and truly don't know what they would be missing with better speakers, so they get it. They have something that in their experience sounds good (it's still a big upgrade from the TV speakers) at a good price as well.

I totally agree....amazing what the advice from a friend and a little research on the web can do, huh!

Rick
Our Room

smile
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616