Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Have yours extended!
#91959 04/23/05 01:15 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
To all you self concious male lovers, sorry about the title but I just had to spread the word regarding a recent little addition to our home theater system.

We are preparing to have a deck and gazeebo built for outdoor entertainment and relaxation - read mainly for the kids' inflatalbe swimming pool - and since they will require hours/years of supervision, I am naturally installing some outdoor speakers. That's were my problem started. Having to adjust the volume or change sources was going to be a real pain. Then one day while brousing through Audioholics.com I came across a review on a IR extender and decided to give it a try. It came in Friday and true to the review, it worked like a charm. I can now walk around the house and yard changing volume and sources. The other nice thing I like is the fact I can close all the entertainment center cabinets for a clean look.

It's a cool addition. For anyone interested, here is the link: http://www.nghp.net/

Axiom stuff, Denon stuff, & Sony stuff
Re: Have yours extended!
#91960 04/23/05 03:56 PM
old hand
old hand
hey, who doesn't want to be extended? it would be hard to keep it down, or is it up, without an extender. the music volume, that is...anyway...cool. you can never have enough axioms in the house, or outside. i think the outlet store is perfect for the mobile outdoor speakers. in and out of the garage depending on the weather...just this morning i was thinking about adding casters or a dolley to move around a pair of m60's...still a dream at this point.
i also have the 3805. the zone 2 feature is the ticket for the patio/deck speakers. i am thinking about getting the stereo denon dra-395 for the living room and then use it's zone 2 for the outside speakers.

a cool way to control the gear from outside is great news...thanks!

If I were truly plastered, could I do this?

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup