Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Receivers, Manufacturers and Warranties
#93961 05/14/05 11:10 PM
G
GEB Offline
G
This is long but may save you several $$$ as it did for me.

Received my Epic 80-500 system last week. Just got those out of the box and the custom finish and grills are impressive.

Regarding hardware. I have been in the market for 3 months reading all the boards. Demoing several mods and finaly decieded on the Denon 3805.

I got pricing from all the local vendors and the best anyone would do is $1,050 plus tax.

Went to denon web site for authorized Etailers and Dakmart came up with the best selection and offered a full 1year warranty on the receiver and 1year full warranty on the 3910 DVD was considering.

Did more web searching on Dakmart. Found several Negative but mostly positive. Finally called the owner and got his version. Also called Denon and here is their reply

gDear Glen,

gYes Dakmart is one of our refurb dealers. If you have a problem with
them for some reason, you can contact one of our other refurb dealers
at the following link. Thank you for your feedback regarding this dealer
and sorry for the delayed response.

http://www.usa.denon.com/dealers/dealers.asp?l=1#REFURB

Best Regards,

J. McGuinness
Denon Electronics (USA), LLC
19C Chapin Road, Suite 205
Pine Brook, N.J. 07058-9385
j_mcguinness@denonnj.com
(973) 396-0810 Main x492
(877) 983-3666 Toll Free x492
(973) 396-7492 Direct
(973) 396-7459 Faxh

Here is Denon reply after I told them I was considering buying the DVD player and wanted to know about the software / Firmware.

gAs far as delivery, best to get with your dealer. Yes they should come
with all of their accessories. The DVD player will come with the Denon
Link cable. The firmware in the DVD player will be the latest version
available at the time of refurb. Ifm sure by the time you get your units,
a newer version firmware will be out. You can check at the following
link.

http://www.usa.denon.com/support/upgrades.asp

Denon Link will work on both units.

Best Regards,
J. McGuinnessh

So I bought the 3805 < $800 and 3910< $900

Conclusion. Dakmark sells Bstock, Referb units with warranty and is verified by Denon as an authorized internet dealer.

I can tell you the discount pricing was extreme compared with the local shops offered all for around $3K for the pair. You can find great deals if you do your research.

Good hunting.

Re: Receivers, Manufacturers and Warranties
#93962 05/15/05 01:37 AM
ratpack Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hey thanks GEB!!!! I'll go to the Dakmark website a little later on this evening and take a look. That one year warranty is just GREAT.

Someone mentioned that they got a Denon on ubid. I went to that website and ubid's warranty is for only 90 days. That isn't very long.

My only experience with a "refurbished" unit was with a Toshiba laptop that I bought for my daughter. I had nothing but trouble with it. It went back to the repair shop several times. It came with only a 90 day warranty, but Toshiba extended the warranty because I had so much trouble with it from the get-go. This left a very bad impression about refurbished gear!

I was looking at the Spearit Sound website at some NAD gear and saw the nominclature "blemished carton." Can anyone tell me what the definition of "blemished carton" is? All boxes look blemished by the time they arrive at my home.

Actually, the box of one of my M80s was pretty well beat up when it arrived last week. However, Axiom does an excellent job packaging their speakers. The M80 wasn't damaged, but I sure was worried when I first saw the box.

Now, for the definition of "blemished carton?"

The Rat.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters