Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: blown tweeter or just need breaking in?
#9394 03/21/03 08:41 PM
A
regular
regular
A
if you really want to show off the projector, try the Vertical Limit. I didn't like the movie all that much, but some of the shots of the mountain looked just amazing, even on my Wega 24", I'd love to see what they look like on a nice big HD display

#9395 03/26/03 01:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The projector show-off has been a big success... Thanks!!!

Now, my next immediate step is to buy a real screen and a celing mount for the projector, and permanently install them (currently beaming onto the white drywall of our living room... LOL).

Once the "visual" part is all installed in place, I will order a receiver and the Axioms!

Boy, do I love this front projector! You simply cannot resist a 120"-diagonal image...

Cheers!

#9396 03/26/03 09:28 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hey SuShi;

I was out shopping with the ole man over the last 2 weeks for a receiver. As much praise for power and cost efficiency the Denon gives, do go out and look at the new NAD. I matched pricing and features between all the brands. What came out was a Denon (Sorry forgot the model) and a NAD 752. The NAD came out a winner. Although receivers are hard pressed to notice differences. On higher levels or loud music the NAD handled the long sustained loud levels with more gusto than the Denon in the same price. Maybe power handling on the NAD was a bit stronger. Sorry i do not have quantitative numbers just personal observation. It was also hard pressed to tell the difference between the NAD 752 $1200 CDN vs the Rotel RSX1055 $2000. Actually the NAD had more features. The NAD had better high level handling than some of the Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo Integra and Sony I saw in the $1200 price point. I was thorougly surprised with the new Sony ES line.

Saturn

#9397 03/27/03 07:09 PM
I
frequent flier
frequent flier
I
Hey Gem,
It's been awhile, if your still interested, I tried both 2 and 4 ohm resistors about a week ago on M22's (Thanx Joe!). I'm staying with the 2 ohm pair, which did'nt change the over-all sound as much as the 4 ohm. As a matter of fact I could barely detect any difference w/2 ohms from going without, other then the absence of that piercing sharpness.

I definitley enjoy the sound more with the resistors(hope your enjoying yours by now?), its actually more balance sounding(to my ears), minus the sometimes overbearing tweeter output. This subtle change is the deciding factor in my keeping these speakers, since I can now listen to rock, like TOOLS-Lateralus at moderately higher levels w/DAHLQUIST PDQ 1500 sub.

I had originally ordered the M22's to audition the "AXIOM sound" in considering the M60/M80's. I'm now considering the ENERGY C-9's along with the 2 AXIOMs, I prefer the 2 channel for music aswell as replacing my 11 year old POLK RTA 8TL's...any thoughts or previous threads on M80 vs C-9 would help. Best regards all.

#9398 03/27/03 10:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I still have been without my receiver (hence, my Axioms, and my music, and movies, ugh!) for a couple of weeks now. So, I never really had an opportunity to judge the Axioms with the resistors. But, I have actually removed the resistors from my M22's, as I will be moving in 2 weeks, and I'd like to use them as intended in the new place, unless I find them bright. I will hold to the adage, "Don't screw with the M22", as instruced by Alan Lofft. Of course, I have the resistors if the speakers again prove bright. Oh, and I just received my QS8's for the new place, so I can't wait to add those to my system, replacing some old Kenwood surrounds. Regards.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters