Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
First, what's the difference between...
#9557 03/23/03 02:15 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I'm torn between the Axiom M22 and the Energy C-3. I was wondering if anybody has heard both speakers? The whole set-up is a simple 2 ch. stereo for a dorm room (guess which school). I tend to listen to pop music the most, but I also listen to a healthy amount of classical. Here's the kicker: I plan on upgrading to HT once I leave college and my available space increases, so the speakers I choose now will need to be capable of serving as mains or rears in the not so distant future. In an ideal world, I could purchase both sets of speakers and just A/B test them, but I have neither the money, space, nor time to do so. How do these two speakers compare?

Re: First, what's the difference between...
#9558 03/25/03 05:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi MSUSpartan,

I just received a technical email inquiry (about an Axiom center channel) but the customer posted his comments on the two speakers in question, so I asked his permission to post his conclusions, which will be helpful, I'm sure.

Craig said: "After some exhaustive research, I recently purchased a pair of your M22ti speakers - and love them! I even went so far as to also purchase a pair of Energy Connoisseur C-3's and brought them home for a A/B comparison with the M22's before making my final choice! The M22's were much clearer and cleaner sounding than the Energy's. The Energy's had the edge on low-end, but with the added sub to fill in the lows, the M22's blew the Energy's out of the water."

The M22ti's have very smooth bass to about 50 Hz, with usable output to 40 Hz (that's the bottom string on an acoustic or electric bass). A subwoofer enhances and extends the bass output.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
Re: First, what's the difference between...
#9559 04/03/03 09:03 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Yep...that was me! Buy the M22ti's. You won't regret it! They sound clearer, and they're cheaper to boot!

In a dorm room you won't need, or have room for, a subwoofer. My M22's are in a very large room, so I need that added help from a sub to fill in that low end. I also use them as my mains for a HT setup as well.

Craig

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters