Print Thread
Rate Thread
What's new at your Super Target
#138110 05/10/06 09:40 PM
kjs Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Hey, I just made a trip to my local Super Target with the wife (she's goes into withdrawls if she doesn't visit a couple of times per week) and was somewhat surprised at what I found in the electronics section. Just looking around when I noticed on the shelf that they had speakers from KEF and Athena which were powered by Sony receivers. Has anyone else seen this or do I shop at a "special" ST? :-)
Oh, and another thing. I was talking to the gentlemen working that area and he was telling me that they are "substantially" upgrading their "stuff". He went on to tell me that Target is going to start selling HK receivers (at least that's what I think he said)and that they are on Target's web site now. Maybe I misunderstood and he was informing me that they are selling HK on the web only. He was busy straightening shelves and I couldn't hear him very well with the TV's playing in the background. Anyway, I found that kind of interesting since it wasn't that long ago I remember looking at the HTIB offerings they had.
OK, that's my random rambling for the day.
Cheers

Re: What's new at your Super Target
#138111 05/10/06 10:02 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I was surprised that, when pricing some reasonably expensive lenses, Target showed up as carrying them (and for a competitive price as well). I don't know if those products will hit their B&M stores, but I think it's so easy for stores to carry brands on their websites that they don't carry at the local stores that the item types (and levels) are expanding exponentially.

I honestly can't picture Target selling H/K and such, as I don't think their....ummmm.."Target" clientele would have any interest. It would be cool, though. I like Target more than most other stores!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: What's new at your Super Target
#138112 05/12/06 01:27 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Mark,

I actually noticed that Target has had HKs on their website for at least a couple of years now and I also noticed that the price was was quite a bit more than what harman audio has listed as full retail.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044