Hi everyone,
I am now the proud owner of a set of m80's,
the fedex guy brought them this morning, the boxes looked in pretty decent shape, Inside the speakers were as safe as a baby in mothers arms, Axiom really does do a super job on packing these babies,

After opening I carefully looked them over to try to find the blem (bought factory outlet models) and to my surprise I have yet to find anything that one can call a flaw,

Since my audio room is still under construction I am not able to hook them up to my mcintosh amps, But I couldnt wait to hear them either so I barrowed a friends sony ES receiver to give them a listen, WOW! even right out of the box the sound is great, the high's are a little bright right now but I assume they will calm down a little with break-in as others have stated, at first the bass was a little thin but is opening up nicely after about an hour of playing,
Comparing them to my old mcintosh xr17's is like comparing a yugo to a ferrari, Yes I know I have only listened to them for about 2 hours now, but I can tell you that I am in heaven,
I honestly feel to try and get a better speaker I would have had paid at least 4 times what I paid for my 80's, and not really be able to gain that much more,

Thank you Axiom, you have proved that are some companies that have pride in the product they build, You have made me a believer that more money dont always equal better sound,
Anybody reading this thinking about purchasing axiom should do themselves a big favor and go ahead and take the plunge, you wont be dissapointed! I will post more in about 2 weeks once my system is complete,

Tony