Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Reviews:
#205 08/01/01 08:10 PM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Were I the manufacturer of a product so highly praised by a network of reviewers, other than blushing, my response could only be a very humble "thank you" Congratulations!

Truth be told, I have just arrived on this audio plateau and am completely unfamiliar with the products and players interacting...but it sure has cought my curiosity...Yes, I ordered my pair and eagerly await the quantitative and qualitative confirmation (or dis-confirmation) of all the hubub!

For the time being I hope for an answer of only 2 questions:

1. How does Axiom account for the appairent discrepancies in the printed and measured efficiencies of their products and..

2. Did you feel a slight (very slight) dissapointment in the following review of your floorstanding product after such a sparkling first and would you like to respond to the observations made for all fairness?

bill

Re: Reviews:
#206 08/02/01 01:32 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Hi Bill --

Thanks for your kind words!

1. We publish our Room Sensitivity measurements because they are what the listener actually hears when listening to loudspeakers. The measurements used by SoundStage! are anechoic, which varies from room. We are thinking of publishing both measurements to alleviate any confusion in the future.

2. We thought it was a really good review of the product. "The Axiom Millennia M80Tis reach high. They have absolutely slamming bass that’s deep and authoritative, crystalline midrange and treble, superb soundstaging, and outstanding microdynamics. Partner these with high build quality and sensitivity and you have an impressive full-range speaker for $1100. " www.soundstage.com
Click here for the entire SoundStage! Review

Thanks for your comments, and I hope you enjoy your speakers.

Re: Reviews:
#207 08/02/01 04:49 PM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Hi, thanks for your response.

I may not have been accurate in my reference. Although I was unaware of the recent M80ti review (which I enjoyed reading) I was actually refering to the M40Ti's when the reviewer says

I would declare the M40Ti a hands-down winner over the M3Ti except that it doesn’t convey quite that same midrange magic. The M40Ti is every bit as balanced, and certainly even more robust and lifelike in terms of dynamics, but there is just a little bit of lost energy in the midrange that doesn’t allow me to connect with it quite as well.

In all fairness, I imagine this review (as do ALL reviews) opens a whole panaea of issues that a reviewer must grapple with.

I guess one could argue with Plato as to whether there is a PERFECT speaker by which all compare. Or if it is more of a relative issue based on the peers and cost. In reality maybe its just a combination.

Fortuately that is for the reviewer and manufacturer to solve and not this humble crunchy granola Californian!

It would be nice to elaborate on the measured vs listening issue and I think everyone might like to hear a little on the motivation for each or one of the speakers from its creator.

bill

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters