Ok bob, get your mind on track here,sheesh.

Anyway i have the wood now for my center channel build. I bought a circle jig for my dremel tool to cut out the holes and recess them.I have a freind that is going to cut my pieces for me tomorrow. Also landed a job with him to install cat 6 and coax and possibly speaker wire throughout a 1800 sq ft house with 600 sq ft apartment over garage that he is building to sell(850,000 range).

In my sparetime i have installed a program called REW (room eq wizrd. I use this to measure the impedance curves of my drivers so i can design my cross over. I will be using the tweet from my vp 100 which i disassembled today.I was going to use one of the 5.25 drivers as well but an Interesting thing i found was the vp100 uses 2 5.25 drivers that measure 10 ohm's dc resistance in paralell to give nominal 5 ohms. Im having some trouble getting a impedance curve on the tweet but im sure it will get sorted out.I was going to build my cross over but decided on a dayton premade one that i may canabalize if it doesn,t measure well. I have a behringer UCA 222 usb sound card along with a behringer ECM 8000 electret mic tha i will use to measure the frequency response once its is built.Just need to buy a spl meter but that will have to wait for a bit. I will be using a external cross over until i get it where i want it,and make it small enough to fit through the front driver hole once im happy.

I designed the box using google sketchup which is a cool prog it does all the angles and such for you , soooo no math = yaaay
I will cover the finished product in real wood veneer.Overall dimensions are 40" wide ,11 high in front-8" high in back and 12" deep. I would attach a sketchup file but i cant seem to figure out how .It will have to rear facing ports 2 inches in diameter which i will make adjustable or pluggable depending what works. Well thats about it for now,will post pics when i get the pieces cut.

Last edited by Socketman; 01/22/12 02:38 AM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry