I lost a friend today who fought to live harder than than any hero in any movie you could watch.

So why am I posting this. I'm assure you that I'm not looking for sympathy. I actually want to share with those of you who have become my friends here, something amazing. (No, this is not a religion plug.)

Before Steve developed this final complication that took him away, he wrote a pretty amazing book about his 25 year battle with cancer and every possible medical complication you can think of.

The book is not what you think either. He talks about his multiple comas, waking more than once to a priest giving him last rights, the hardships his family faced but he never looks for sympathy. He is brutally honest about sometimes being an asshole to those trying to help him. Some of it is insightful, some of it is artful, some of it is funny. Other parts are just pure Steve, love him or hate him.

If you or someone you love is facing or has faced cancer (sadly undoubtedly all of us) then I highly suggest you read this book.

Nine Lives Plus One

I'm posting this here and in a bunch of other places to help preserve and promote what he wanted to leave as his legacy. Well, everywhere except Facebook. He was in marketing and always remember that he once said, "As soon as you advertise something on Facebook, it gets a tiny poopstain on it in peoples subconsciousness."

Thanks for reading this.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.