Demoed Speakers (Need help)
#39444 04/02/04 01:25 AM
T
Tree Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
T
Based on everyone's recommendations I demoed some speakers (not Axioms) near my home to get an idea of the "type" of sound that my ears would like. I had the opportunity to demo the Paradigm Studio 100s which had a very warm, almost soothing sound. I was very easy on my ears and the clarity at lower levels was amazing. Mind you I am upgrading from BOSE and I am a complete neophyte, so forgive me if my assessment is flawed. I then asked if there was something in this price range that I sould listen to and he directed me to these other speakers call Cobalt (don't remember the manufacturer). He said that these sounded "different" and boy did they ever. They were "harsh" and "tinny", a stark contrast from the the Paradigms.

Now my question to the resident gurus... how do the Paradigms compare to the Axiom speaker as this is the type of sound that seems agreeable to me? Thanks for you help, as always!

Re: Demoed Speakers (Need help)
#39445 04/02/04 01:53 AM
veteran
veteran
About a month ago I had a chance to auditioned the Paradigm Studio 60's in a local hifi store. I recall liking the lows and mids but at higher levels; it intends to break up. The Axiom M60ti is however more accurate than the Studio 60's; specially on the mids. It's not as bright as what others are saying. I would say its just right for my ears.(Not too laid back either). I dont know if you've heard the Energy Veritas series but if you like them like me you will like the M60's. Then again the Axioms are bargain compared to the Energy Veritas.

Good Luck with the search

Re: Demoed Speakers (Need help)
#39446 04/02/04 04:52 AM
local
local
Paradigm's reference series (Studio's) and Axioms sound sonically similar; although I believe that Paradigm studio's are slightly emphasized in the upper bass region.

Also, find a local B&W dealer and audition the 703's. They are reputed to sound very similar to the Axiom sound; specifically the M60/M80.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044