Problem Room
#241 08/10/01 04:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a bit of an audio newbie, but after a great deal of research, I have decided on the Axiom Epic Mini System. I plan to match it with a Yamaha RXV-520 receiver, for my first ever home theater system. This system will be for both movies and music. Do you think the receiver is a good match for the Epic Mini?

The system will be set up in my family room. The room is 13' by 20' and open on one end. The big problem is that there is a fireplace in the middle of the end wall, forcing me to place my TV in the right front corner of the room.

I am planning to mount the surrounds on opposite walls at the back of the room, but I don't know what I should do with the fronts. If I mount them on opposite walls, I will have my center and right front almost beside each other with my left front across the room.

The other option I have is placing both fronts on top of my tv armoire which is 48" wide and 64" high.

Which setup would you suggest?

Is there a better option that I have not considered?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Re: Problem Room
#242 08/14/01 01:43 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Hi Jeff;

We've been trying to reproduce a drawing of your room to decide what would be best, but we're just not sure where you sit. Is the fireplace on one of the 13' walls? And which side is open? If you can, fax a picture or drawing to the office (1-705-635-1972); otherwise, give us a few more specific details so we can help you perfect your setup.

Thanks!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters