M60's, VP100, and QS8's in Boston Cherry coming our way. I couldn't be happier.

We did an A/B comparison of my M22 with reference level bookshelves (Monitor Audio "The Monitor 9" MK II Gold) that my dad borrowed from a guy from work who wanted to sell them. It was clear that the M22's delivered full, rich sound. Whenever we went back to the MK's, something was missing both vocally and instrumentally in the midrange. Now, mind you, these speakers had just one 6.5" woofer which obviously was outdone by the M22's midrange 5.25" woofers. The MK's tweeters was a bit more effortless and less "sparkly" than the M22's, but didn't have the impact and energy the M22's had with cymbals and guitar strums.

It was great seeing how the M22's stood up for themselves.

The source was FLAC songs and straight CD audio from my computer via SPDIF to my Yamaha Receiver.

It was a good father/son bonding moment finding CD's around the house to test, fun too!

If you didn't know earlier...my dad bought...some other speakers...you can read if you want here: http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=187233#Post187233

Since he liked the M22's so much...I pointed him to the website, pointed out the holiday shipping deal, pointed out the 30 day money back (if he wants to still "shop around"), pointed out how good my speakers sounded, and also pointed out that nothing in the price range really came close. Needless to say, he was sold and handed me his credit card faster than you could say Supercalafrajalistikespialodocious!

We may end up keeping a 10" Klipsch Sub or replacing it with an HSU or SVS sub (depending how much Best Buy lets us return), but we will definitely have the HK AVR 247 driving everything - that should work out ok...right? From what I know M60's are easy to drive.

Anyways, I'm excited :-)

Last edited by danmagicman7; 12/15/07 03:35 AM.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2