There are a ton of sources about acoustical treatment around, but all the ones I find are super complex. The fact is that I am not rebuilding my HT room . Not redoing the drywall etc -- it is what it is. What I am doing first (like next week...) is putting up a false wall to put the screen on.

What these complex resources did tell me is that I need to sound treat the front wall ie behind the false wall. I had honestly not thought of this, but it makes perfect sense. I am looking for something realtively affordable and readily available. I can't go with a specialty store that needs 3 weeks to manufacture and ship etc. Can anyone recommend something or a thread that gives you the "must-do" and "how-to" for simple sound treatment stuff.

After that I am looking for material readily available to build sound panels and besides the acoustic fabric in-front of the speakers that is going to be "all" that I do as start-up for the HT.

Am I missing something big that doesn't involve tearing down the walls? Am I missing something big that can't be done after everything else is installed? The panels, diffusers in the corners etc etc can all be installed after the fact so really not as concerned about those right now.

Thanks! And I did try posting this in the appropriate forum which led to a calculator that is really cool BUT way above what I am trying to do. There is something such as not perfect but good enough and I guess that is what I am trying to do