I am wondering what anyone's thoughts are on these 2 surround speakers.

Other than looks, I am wondering why one would spend almost $200.00 more for the QS8's. Below are some quotes from a review of the ERD-1's...

"The Axiom QS8's are a very highly regarded rear "quad" pole speaker (a top and bottom woofer and two side angled tweeters - one on each side all firing in phase). I was surprised to find that the ERD-1s bested the Axioms on almost every metric I could come up with."

"While I've always found the Axioms to be a fine surround speaker, the ERDs are in an entirely different class."

A different class? Really? As I search more reviews, seems the ERD-1's are highly regarded, like the QS8's are as well.

No doubt the QS8's look alot better and I'm sure have a better build quality, but wow, what a price difference. For $160.00 more, one could get 4 ERD-1's instead of 2 QS8's and have a 7.1 system. Without actually comparing the 2 side by side, I guess it's hard to judge. I just find it shocking that the ERD-1's could possibly be that much better than the QS8's.

I mean heck, if this is for real, I don't know that I could fork out $200.00 more just so I have matching speakers, looks or timbre matching or not. That review seems like someone is in love with Emo and always has been...I mean to say the ERD-1's are "in a entirely different class." I don't know guys, seems like bias bull**** to me...

Last edited by Dduval; 03/28/10 08:42 PM.

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740