Hi Guys,

Hope you had great holidays and I wish you all happy new years. I have something to admit.... smile. In december some of you helped me a lot taking decision whether or not going with axiom. I finally choose to try the axiom M60 and honestly they sounded very good. They didn't disapoint at all. I can say without being an audiophile that some track I was used was sometimes different and yes some cd sounded better than others. I started to try buying cd to replace mp3 collection and yes there was difference between poor quality mp3 and let say an apple ACC 256kbps track. Movies sounded good also. In sumarry I was having fun... Then something happen during the christmas vacation.... I was going to keep them. A friend that had Studio line paradigm( approx 1 yo) was going to upgrade to paradigm signature... So after a chat with him he made me an offer I couldn't refuse smile . At the end I have the Studio 60(1 yo) for 300$ less than the axiom M60 (include the cost of the return). One thing I was able to compare them again. I don't prettend being an expert but in most case paradigm and axiom sounded very similar to my ear in my environment. Sometimes I was preffering the axiom or either the paradigm with different track there and there but if it would not have been of that "special circonstance offer" I would have pick axiom anytime for the normal price difference. Again thanks a lot for everyone that helped me.

However I need some advice for the surround. My friend sold me also the Paradigm Studio Center. But I don't have any surround yet. Paradigm studio surround are very expensive that's the trade off I guess the day I chose to go in that line.:( MSRP is 999$/each After contacting few store I can have them with 25-30% rebate) But it's still 1500$ plus taxe ouch....

But I thought there is the nice Axiom QS8 that seems to be very appreciated in general. I could also go with Paradigm monitor the line under the studio(reference.) So it's with the same brand. But honestly I more tented to go with the Axiom QS8 than paradigm monitor. After reading on the topic there seems to have 2 school of though. Some say keep everything the same brand, same line (except the sub). They seems more purist. Another way is mainly focus on the 3 front(L-C-R) being the same line & brand but the surround it's less important.

What do you guys think of let say Paradigm StudioFront (L-C-R) coupled with Axiom QS8?

Thanks in advance.