Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Axiom speakers to cost 25% more in Canada?
#2256 03/27/02 03:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that Axiom intends to raise the price of its speakers by 25% in Canada effective April 1, 2002. Is this true? Has anything been added to the current line to justify the extra cost?

Re: Axiom speakers to cost 25% more in Canada?
#2257 03/27/02 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told the same yesterday by a dealer of Axiom and was encouraged to purchase A.S.A.P
How can this be??

#2258 03/27/02 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the website prices going up too or are they staying the same?

#2259 03/27/02 04:38 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Axman,
The Canadian dollar list prices at Axiom retailers in Canada will rise on April 1st in order to match the web site prices, which will remain unchanged. That's all the information I have at the moment.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
#2260 03/27/02 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What sort of Marketing Strategy - or lack there of- is this?

#2261 03/27/02 09:23 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Everyone, please, let us not start questionning marketing strategies of axiom audio.

According to Alan, the prices are only going up in stores to MATCH the prices here on the website. for example, Marc Hallam's Audioshop in Ottawa sells the same Axiom speaker for less than Axiom themselves. Axiom is now simply making all the prices equal. You can still get incredible deals in the Factory Outlet, which are %20 off the regular price.

It would, however, be a shame if prices on the website were increased for the same model. If a newer or significantly improved model was released, then, yes, it would likely cost more.

#2262 03/27/02 10:42 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
There appears to be more to this than meets the eye.
As it seems to be of prime concern, perhaps Amie and/or Ian can comment?

#2263 03/27/02 11:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If everyone was on the level about pricing to start with, it would be much easier. Axiom itself does not post Canadian prices and does not seem to want to encourage Canadian shoppers to purcahse directly from them buy over quoting . This has been my experience. I have been in contact with Marc in ottawa and have spoken to several dealers in Toronto and surrounding areas. The price quotes are so variable that one must question what the best price actually is.
I was so close to making a final decision about buying my Axiom setup ( M60, VP150, QS8 ) that I may drop it all together. Just imagine, spoke today with a dealer and next week , I show up and they say " that'll be 25% more than what I quoted you , due to price inconsistency" What kind of B.S is that . ( Should I fill my car with Gas today or tomorrow )

#2264 03/28/02 03:25 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
To me, this sounds like a way to try and corner the full market for US customers. Some US customer like myself did not buy directly from the company due to the fact I could find a cheaper price somewhere else. Next, they will tell their resellers that they can only sell to their local area like most speaker companies do today. It is a shame if this is true. It seems that greed has set in. I love the Axiom speakers I own. I plan to upgrade in the future but I might look at someone elses speakers or even build my own if they go up any furthur on prices. It seems that their name has finally got out to the public so lets do what every other company does start raising our prices. I am not trying to be harsh; I just hate to see when good companies get the big head.

#2265 03/28/02 05:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that I am rich and don't mind paying more, I still have a big part of the system to fill but I looked Hsu's subwoofer in Feb, it was $375, I didn't buy right away, the price gone up a month later, it is $450 now.

Check the stock prices for oil and nature gas comanies for the past 3 months, you will get a sense of what's happening or will be happening around the world - not just on Axiom products.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters