M50's or M60's?
#418 11/06/01 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recently emailed this question, but I thought this might be a better place to address my questions.

I was considering purchasing either the M50's or the M60's, but I can't decide which ones. I really want the M60's because of the 5.25" midrange driver, but does this considerably improve the sound over the M50's making it worth the extra money?

Also, my room is approx. 13 ft X 20 ft. Because of the design of the room (I've tried many setups), the seating position must be along the length of the room and approx. 12ft away from the listening area. Also, the speakers can only be placed 15 inches away from the front wall and about 5 ft part (I know that's not a lot). Although there is a lot of space in this room, there are so many obstacles that get in the way (door locations, one partially open wall...not fully open as stated in the email, furniture, & a large projection TV), so this is the only feasible way I could come up with to place the front speakers. In this case, would the above
speakers be too large or sound too boomy so close to the wall? Currently, I have Infinity speakers that are closest in design to your M40's and the above setup works. However, I really want to upgrade from those speakers. The 3-way M60's seem the most appealing to me, but I just wanted to make sure that they would be OK considering my circumstances.

Your reply would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time (I know this is a long post!!).

Mary

Re: M50's or M60's?
#419 11/06/01 10:37 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
The M60s would be a better choice for your system. Your room is large enough to justify them and they will give you a bigger improvement over your existing speakers. 15" from the wall is plenty to avoid the "wall effect" from coming into play.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616