Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
X-Sub / Salk HT 1's hooked up, a question now??
#136047 04/18/06 09:33 PM
ToddE Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
OK guys.....I hooked the X-Sub to my Nad 352 integrated amp by using the pre-out L and R on the amp to the X-Sub L and R. Nothing popped or anything significant, so I am assuming this is working. I have never used a sub before and this is strictly a two channel set-up. I am about 12-15 feet away from the Salk's. How do I know this is working? I know this is a strange question. I placed my hand under the sub {I believe they call this down-firing?} because the woofer is on the bottom. When I put on Babylon Sisters by Steely Dan, you could feel the woofer moving. I have the crossover set to 70-80 on the sub and the volume at about 5. The phase is on zero. I know the sub was working. But, I couldn't really tell without placing my hand there. I have the sub close to a side wall right now. I haven't really done much moving of it because of the power cord length and also cable length. I don't have any measuring tools either for sound. I know that could be a problem. Again, since this is a down firing sub does it matter it is close to the side wall? It is facing across the face of the speakers right now. I can move it to the side of the speakers eventually. It sounds like things are meshing with the sound. I just wanted to see if there were any problems with the X-Sub and it turning on OK. There have been a few issues with that on the AVS123 forum. Am I starting off OK or am I doing something wrong so far? I never really have read how far down the Salks would reach so the crossover is a guess from what I've read on their forums by some people using subs. Of course, I'm not sure they have hooked theirs up like mine either.By the way, Babylon Sisters sounded great. The kids and wife came home so I haven't had much time to experiment.

Re: X-Sub / Salk HT 1's hooked up, a question now??
#136048 04/18/06 09:56 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Try just running the preamp section of the Nad with just the sub hooked up and see if the sub is responding.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Re: X-Sub / Salk HT 1's hooked up, a question now??
#136049 04/18/06 10:12 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
You could also try some music that would have more bass effects and see how it sounds.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Re: X-Sub / Salk HT 1's hooked up, a question no
#136050 04/18/06 10:19 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Well there are well noted problems with the auto-on, but if it is on, make sure you've turned the level on the sub up enough. And as mentioned play something that is sure to have bass.

Axiom M3Ti NAD C320BEE, C542, PP-2, Rega P2 w/ Denon DL110 Grado SR325 HT in the living room

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044