So, my next purchase is going to be to upgrade my computer room speakers (currently Logitech X530). I was originally toying with the idea of M60s or M80s, but that seems rather extravagant for a roughly 10x8x8 room with an adjoining wall to the neighbors. The pragmatist in me is now back to the bookshelves. I have optical out from my mother board and access to an older Sony 5.1 Rx (or buy a new cheap Yammy if necessary). I also have a Paradigm PDR10 sub made homeless by a new EP350. I'd use them in a 2.1 setup for 75% music (internet radio, flac/mp3) and 25% gaming/TV.

Budget (w/in reason- I am naturally a cheap bastich at heart), space, aesthetics (no WAF considerations) and room configuration (listening distance range up to 5 feet) are not really a problem as the music comes first! So, what I am now looking at is Audiobytes vs M2 vs M22, all paired with the PDR10 (and Rx as req'd).

I already have a set of M3s being used in my "gym" so I figured I should also have one of the more revealing speakers in the lineup. I've heard the M22s going up against the M80s and was wondering how the M2s compared (to the 22s, not the 80s). There seems to be much hoopla over the ABs but would you go for them over M2s if there were no outside physical constraints (size, portability, Rx req'd)? I'm leaning more to the M2/22 +sub for the greater versatility (moved to another room, seconded for 7.1 duties in primary HT, swapped with M3s, eventual 5.1 gaming system? - I like keeping my options to spend more money later open) and assumed superior sonics.

Any input from you guys?

M80s/VP160/QS8s/EP350; M22s; M3s.