Kindest greetings,

This is my first post here on this forum. I have just recently cleared a request for new towers with the girlfriend and am getting a tax return so that puts me in the market currently. I would not consider myself informed enough to be an audiophile but I am more passionate about music than anyone else I know. Having said that, I am trying to decide on a set of speakers that will meet my needs.

I am primarily concerned with music performance with HT coming in a far second. I don't have a sub and won't have one for some time due to the neighbour below me. Therefore, I need a tower that can at least deliver a moderate amount of low end - also required due to the kind of music I play.

I have a JVC receiver (RX 6042), JBL (HLS 610) as rears and tend to play most of my music from the PC (Turtle Beach - Santa Cruz). As you can see, I don't have a serious set up - yet...

Price is a big concern. I am willing to part with about $1000 CDN but might be able to stretch it to ~$1250 but would prefer to keep the cost down.

I notice that I listen to very different music from most audiophiles. Just for reference, I enjoy the following bands/DJs: Radiohead, Tigre Lou, Mike Patton, Massive Attack, Ellen Allien, Midi Miliz, Timo Maas, Plastikman, Ed Rush, Dillinger Escape Plan, From Autumn to Ashes, Charles Mingus, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, MJQ, etc.

I am currently looking at the following options:
Axiom M60's
Paradigm Monitor 7, 9, 11
Monitor Bronze B6, Silver S6

I would be most appreciative to hear your thoughts on the above.

Many thanks in advance,

Jordan