Page 1 of 2 1 2
FedEx Shipping / Tracking Question?
#203692 04/09/08 10:27 PM
myrison Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hi all,

I put this in another thread but thought I'd post it here separately to see if I can get more eyes on it... (yes, I'm horribly impatient for my EP-600 to arrive)

I'm just curious about other folks' experience with the Axiom shipping and tracking (especially FedEx). Why is it that it takes FedEx 2 business days to even show the tracking information on their site? I've never had FedEx operate that way on anything else I've shipped and am curious if this is something that is related to shipping from Canada to the US... if not that, does anyone know why this is? It seems really weird that it takes FedEx 2 days to know that they've got a 100lb package on one of their trucks somewhere.

When you ultimately were able to track your FedEx packages, did you find out that it had been hiding on a truck for two days, or did it just look like it got loaded on the truck the first day that tracking was available?

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment. \:\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry
Re: FedEx Shipping / Tracking Question?
myrison #203693 04/09/08 10:45 PM
buff
buff
Jason:
I see you live in Austin, TX. Chances are your EP600 is held up in the United States customs. There is nothing FedEx or any one else can do till it clears customs. I received my speakers in about 3 days.
Enjoy your new sub. Be careful not to shake your house down with that monster. \:\)

maphiker
maphiker #203696 04/09/08 11:11 PM
shareholder in the making
My summary was that it was held at the border for several days, then went across the country by truck (I'm guessing, since there were days of no updates, then finally updates on arrival.)

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #203698 04/10/08 12:09 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Just to help clear things up for tracking, 1st the shipper transmits the billing and shipping data to the carrier for pickup, the carrier then has a driver pick up the parcel and take it to a sorting facility. The first scan that parcel will get is when it is loaded into a trailer heading for a particular destination.
As an example I ship a parcel from Tehachapi Ca. to Tx. the parcel will first get scanned in Mojave where it is loaded on to a trailer going to a larger facility such as San Fernando, to then be sorted into a specific Texas 40 to 48ft trailer, the scan is now linked to the trailer it went into along with a thousand other parcels. So the scan would show departing San Fernando to Tx. That Texas trailer is then loaded on a flatcar and shipped by train to its destination (therefore no scans in transit). Once it reaches Texas as the parcel moves the cycle continues until it is out for delivery.
So each time the parcel is loaded into a different vehicle technically it should be scanned ( doesn't always happen) but eventually they usually show up. What sometimes happens is that Tx parcel gets loaded into a NY trailer causing a major service delay as most of us have experienced at one time or another.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
HomeDad #203709 04/10/08 01:03 AM
J
J
i have heard rumors to the companies moving to GPS units for all transport units that way the clients can tell exactly where the parcel is while in transport. This would be a new frontier for all of us waiting for the boxes to arrive, that window would be open all the time and every 5 mins would be updated, I can see it now:

"Why did the truck stop? It has been moving for 4 hrs already now it is delayed again, I better give them a call to find out why it is delayed yet again.....Hello, yes I was just calling to find out why my shipment is no longer moving, the GPS shows it has stopped?"

C.S. Rep: "That would because the driver has stopped for a lunch break"

Customer: "Could you please tell the driver if he comes straight to my house instead of taking lunch, I will supply the lunch, dinner and a movie when it arrives!"

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
myrison #203713 04/10/08 01:57 AM
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
The tracking from FedEx has been kinda crazy as of late. I had an order of Full Metal Brackets after two days of nothing show that they were in Buffalo, NY. I got the bracket order last Thursday and if I track the package from my history it stills shows as being in Buffalo.

I received the shipping email from Noreen on my 80s and it took two days for it to show in tracking and when it finally did I was only one day away from delivery, which was today....

So yeah, I think somehting wierd is going on with FedEx. I mean something else besides then beating the hell out of Axiom boxes...jeesh..I think they kicked the boxes all the way to my house.

85" Class QN90A Samsung Neo QLED 4K
M80s-EP500-VP150-QS8s
Denon AVR-X4700H
Emotiva XPA-2
Emotiva XPA-5
DougTheDog #203719 04/10/08 02:47 AM
Hunh. My box was ok, other than every single staple being pulled out of the top, the fact the box felt like it had been soaked in water, and a small ding in the side. The sub looks fine, and has already injured my foot.

Ken.C #203721 04/10/08 02:51 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well cut the chatter, tape up the foot, plug the beast in and let us know what you think. \:\)

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
HomeDad #203722 04/10/08 02:56 AM
The Boy is in bed, sooo... it may be until this weekend.

I know, I know... but life is so much better when he gets lots of sleep. I can wait. Already waited a month!

Ken.C #203723 04/10/08 03:12 AM
myrison Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Thanks guys. OmahaBlu - I'll be hoping for the same surprise. As of now, they shipped two days ago and remain in FedEx limbo. Hopefully they're somewhere in the Midwest, preparing to make their final jaunt down South.

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,000 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup