So I have one sub, I did a sub crawl, and found the best spot on the side of the room, and all of the seats on the couch have mucho bass, but you can tell that the bass is coming from the left side of the room, which is annoying.

I need to rerun Audyssey, I suspect one issue is that Audyssey has set the surrounds to 90 and 100 hz, so I need to set the crossover on the sub to 100 hz, no? I think a high crossover setting may add to the localization effect. I realize I should have two subs but I don't know where the second one would go because there are all these doors in my room and the with the present WAF, or lack thereof, with the first sub (she appeared quite relieved when the first sub arrived damaged and stopped working, ouch) we might be looking at 5 years or so before she lets me off the leash, at least that's what she would like to believe.

I believe I can improve the setup with the advice already given, e.g., to set the db from the avr menu rather than cranking up the volume knob on the back of the sub itself, which seems too crude of a method to tweak the calibration; however, I suspect the issue may persist given my room size and that I will benefit from all of the tweaks I can eventually muster, short of smuggling a second sub in somehow, so I thought I would see if there were any obvious tricks I might consider, to tame the localization issue.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
SK

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."