Greetings All,

I just bought (literally, 5 minutes ago) an Epic 80 / 500 setup. They are going to be delivered before next weekend, I'm almost shaking in anticipation. Hopefully once I get that EP500 I'll still be shaking...but from the bass!

Anyway, most of what brought me to Axiom was the customer service and how helpful everyone seems in these forums. I wanted to introduce myself as a new owner and someone who is new to HT and I had a few questions I hope you could help me with.

I ordered a Denon 3808CI which will also arrive around the same time. With the larger M80s some people have said that I should use a separate amp and pre/pro. Given the Denon I purchased, will I be ok? Being sort of a newbie, will I really be able to hear the difference in having separates?

Due to my current room setup (which will be changing soon) I am not able to mount the QS8's to the side of the main listening area. My couch is up against the rear wall and I only have a wall adjacent to the rear wall on one side due to my living room opening up into the dining room. My question is will I be OK mounting the QS8's on the back wall on either side of the couch? Also, what height should I mount them?

Have people had better experience with the center 150 being positioned below or above the screen?

Thanks so much in advance and I am looking forward to a long relationship with Axiom and these forums!

Feel free to PM if that is easier.

Greg

M80s, EP150, QS8s, EP500, Denon 3808, PS3, Optoma EP1690

Patience is a virtue that can hurt you