Hi, all. I have a 7.1 channel axiom system with M80s for fronts, QS8s side, M22i rears, EP600 sub and center channel. Well, for 2 years, I've driven the system with a Denon 3808ci receiver that should have worked well with the ohms of these speakers. A year ago, an hdmi input went bad with a lightning strike that went in through satellite cable, but got into denon. All else seemed fine, so I just bought a microprice splitter thing. Now the worst has happened. While watching tv two nights ago I noticed a hum/hiss coming from right front channel M80. I took the speaker cover off to listen closer and I touched the outside of one of the individual woofers. When I did this, it activated the protection circuit in denon and cut it off. I cut it back on to find no sound at all from this channel and then swapped left and right channels to confirm the speaker wasn't the problem. I reset the microprocessor (losing all audyssey settings and such - ugh!) and still have no sound from that channel and no test tone sound coming through it either. Denon says it has to go in for repair, but I don't have a local authorized repair place in South Carolina. I have loved the Denon sound as I am very into analog 2-channel as well as multi-channel hi-rez music. So, I'm thinking I'll have to just suck it up and purchase a new receiver. Could I have some opinions about what receivers are good musically that can drive these wonderful axioms without fail? I do need 4 or more HDMI inputs. I use two Directv receivers, Oppo dvd player, Samsung BD player, Rega tt (have phono preamp, so don't need that in a receiver), Wadia ipod thing and Cambridge Audia DACmagic. I have a Samsung DLP tv and two 300 or so cd changers. Sorry for all the wordiness, but wanted to give you enough info. to help. Should I stick with Denon, or change? I heard the Onkyo's run hot and I already use little fans on top of the denon and one hd directv receiver. I've read a tiny bit about some Pioneers and prior to this denon I used Yamaha receivers, but the denon sounded better than they did (last one being rx-v2500) right out of the box on music. I don't want to wait for weeks to have the denon fixed and my homeowners deductible is too high to use for this, so feel I should re-purchase. If you think this is unwise, I'd love your opinions about that as well. I think a receiver retailing for up to $2000 is what I'm looking for (and hoping to find a deal from an authorized dealer for less, of course). Thanks for reading this and helping advise. Main thing is it needs to work well with the axiom setup I have. Thanks.