Hello Forum Fellows: Stirred on to buy Axioms before the price increase, I decided to buy M60v3's through the FO before that option became unavailable. I received them today and in an instant hooked them up (very easy).

I had read on this forum that Axiom speakers, for some, could be disappointing at first until one's ear acclimated to them and over time their appreciation of the speaker quality increased...apparently due to its accurate and neutral qualities. So while I was waiting for them to be delivered for the past three weeks I wondered whether or not my ear was sophisticated enough to appreciate them right off. And having been a classical musician with conservatory training and professional experience,I was concerned whether or not I would be satisfied.

Well both those questions were answered within five minutes and it was...yes! In comparison to my older speakers, I could sense an immediate increase in stage presence, an overall smoothness in timbre and a surprising increase in the quality of my subwoofer's performance, which I assume is the result of the excellent Axiom woofers tight and accurate reproduction of the mid-bass frequencies.

Well, the other surprise I am now experiencing is...I want more of what I "got." Wondering what M80's would sound like and wanting to upgrade after less than one half-an-hour of listening seems at first to be impetuous. But now I know what members have been writing about for the last couple of years since I have been frequenting this forum. So I don't think I'm off in wanting more right now. These speakers are smaller than I imagined so M80's could easily be accommodated in my bedroom (2000 cu ft). So, I have some questions for you....

I listen at very moderate levels but occasionally I will turn up the volume to reference levels. My understanding is that M80's perform better at lower levels (and at all levels) than do the M60's. That is an attractive reality to me. In your subjective opinion, for those of you who have compared the two, is the better low volume quality in the M80's, money aside, worth the upgrade?

I have an older late 1980's Denon stereo receiver and it runs about 45 watts per channel....I also am now using an older 1990's Technics receiver at about 55 watts which has served me well...would either of these receivers work to run M80's without problems? I do plan to upgrade...I am presently investigating the Denon AVR 2310 or 2311...but purchasing it will be sometime in the future.

OK, its been about two hours now and for the past 1.5 hours I've been watching (or rather listening to) a movie on TV (K-19 The Widowmaker) through the Axioms, and it is a truly remarkable experience...overwhelming. I have also listened to some Delibes (Coppelia)and Shostakovich (Symphony #5) and I am looking forward to hearing more delicacies and expanding my musical horizons with Axioms as my guide.
[i][/i]