I was very close to purchasing the m60ti's along with a vp150 and 2 qs8's to go along with my outlaw lfm-1. But, I really want the m80's instead so that a few years down the road I won't be thinking, "If only I purchased the m80's rather than the m60's!". However, I currently own the Onkyo txsr503 which I know can't handle a 4 ohm impedence speaker and it doesn't even have any preamp outputs. So after a little bit of research I found a line level converter that converts the signal from the speaker wire to an RCA signal.

link: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=302-307

This doesn't look audiophile grade with the spring clips and all but it is the only one that I could find that wasn't for car audio. Car audio converters are usually only rated for 30 or 60 watts.

So, will there be any significant signal degredation using this line level converter? Also, would the outlaw 2200 monoblocks be a good pairing for the m80ti's? Will they be able to drive them without going into auto protect mode if I turn up the volume? I've been reading a couple reviews of these online and one person mentioned that they noticed a little bit of a humming noise they give off, but he said that he had them in an cabinent with a door and that he couldn't hear it with the door shut. I have an open rack that I planned on putting them on only 9 ft away from my seating area, will I notice any humming noise from them? Note: I don't want to upgrade my reciever until they are equipped with hdmi 1.3 and the new dolby and dts hd software, which is why I was looking at the monoblocks.

thanks in advance for any replies,

Nick