I have a Harman Kardon AVR630 that is having issues with the automatic protection mode. The receiver simply will not stay running for more than 10 seconds. This is with not a single thing hooked up to it except the power cord. I brought it in for service and they could not find a single thing wrong with it. Worked perfect in the shop.

I got the suspicion that there may be funny power fluctuations in my house. I brought the receiver over to a friends house and again, it works perfect. I plug this thing into any outlet in my house and it refuses to stay on. I even hooked it up to UPS battery backup system thinking it would keep the current steady and surge free.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to test the currents running through my house or any other ideas what may be tripping the protection mode? Is there any way to turn off the protection mode on these receivers? I'd rather let it burn up and fry than go through this frustration.

Funny thing is that it was working fine for over a year and all of a sudden it doesn't want to work in my house. I'm also having problems with a couple other electronic equipment that may be caused by the same problem.

Shag