Folks I am relatively new to this forum and I am a new Axiom fan. I purchased a pair of M60v2s and QS8v2s a little while ago. Have totally fell in love with the them. But for movies I was missing the low end frequencies. So I decided to add a sub. I have purchased an EP350 (older model) but now it seems to me that my EP350 is having trouble keeping up with my M60s. I am driving my M60s with Yamaha RX-V663. The sub is connected to my receiver through an RCA cable (from my receiver's sub out to sub's line in). The speakers levels on my receiver are as follows
FR=0
FL=0
SL=1.5
SR=1.5
Center (which is a VP150)=2.0
Sub=10
Even with this setting, I can not hear a thumpy bass. My room is 15 x 20 x 8. X-over is set to 80 on my sub and X-over on the sub is turned up all the way (it is 120 Hz I believe on my model). Unless I crank the volume up all the way on my sub, my bass is fairly muted (or thats what it sounds like to me), both for movies and music. The bass is there but it is not strong and powerful (its not boomy though). My M60s sound like they are over powering my sub even with them turned down to 1.5.
The sub is on rubber feet and sitting on carpet. Currently it is right next to the couch which is in front of main speakers about 12 feet away. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.