Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 09:05 AM
New contest! Help us name our new computer speakers!

Product details: there will be two choices of active speaker - the burled walnut speakers pictured in the home show thread, and the same speaker in brushed silver. Of course, you can also order them in any finish from our Custom Shops.

The computer speakers will have an outboard amplifier. You can order the active subwoofer separately to complete the set.

So, we are asking for your help naming this product! Please limit your entries to three entries per person (real person, not just per board identity!). Contest ends May 1st. Prize is a complete computer speaker package in brushed silver.

Good luck and thank you to everyone who enters!
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 09:35 AM
Axiom C1 for the speaker set
Axiom CS1 for the sub

C for computer
Posted By: real80sman Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 10:42 AM
For the speakers:
PC1
PCZero
PC100

For the sub:
EP PC1
EP CZero
EP 100 <- My favorite. Simple, not too many letters, and follows previous nomenclature.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 10:51 AM

Axiom Mini

Axiom Pint

AAS.....Axiom Active System
Posted By: ThunderRd Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 11:15 AM
The Compax Series.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 12:17 PM
Quote:

... three entries per person (real person, not just per board identity!)

Ha, good one.

Sometimes I wonder if we are all just imaginary creations of about 4 or 5 core users of the boards. Talk about blowing your mind! It'd be like the Matrix!
Axiom PCN-1 (PC Nirvana)

Axiom PCN-S-1 (PC Nirvana Sub)
Posted By: Theo Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 12:57 PM
Axiom Apex (for satelites)
Axiom Apex-S (for matching sub)
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 01:08 PM
Quote:

New contest! Help us name our new computer speakers!

Product details: there will be two choices of active speaker - the burled walnut speakers pictured in the home show thread, and the same speaker in brushed silver. Of course, you can also order them in any finish from our Custom Shops.

The computer speakers will have an outboard amplifier. You can order the active subwoofer separately to complete the set.

So, we are asking for your help naming this product! Please limit your entries to three entries per person (real person, not just per board identity!). Contest ends May 1st. Prize is a complete computer speaker package in brushed silver.

Good luck and thank you to everyone who enters!

What is the outboard amp like? will it allow for 5.1 surround? that would be sweet for gamers.

I'm thinking (for my last entry):

Axiom CS (for computer series)

then the customer can pick a CS 2.1 or 3.1 or 5.1 system, hence the...

Axiom CS Epic system

and the customer can pick the system like they do in the epic systems now.
Oh wow. As someone who listens to music all day in my office, I can't wait for these! These WILL be my next speaker purchase (unless I win!) . When, Axiom, WHEN!!?!?

My suggestions.

Axiom Office Series, then the appropriate numbers to designate speakers: O20's, O40's, etc...

Axiom ACT Series. (Audiophile Computer Technology) ACT-II can be the mains, ACT-I the sub, etc.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 01:28 PM
"Epic Executive Series"

I am sure the CEO of our company could use these for his office computer.
Posted By: Andrea Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 01:48 PM
I am posting for HAY since he still cannot post from work and he does not want to miss his chance.

Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest

Executive Series

CEO (Compact Efficient Orchestra)

Micro Millennia

---------------------
M60, VP150, QS8
HSU VTF3-MKII
Yamaha RX-V4600
Open for Auditions
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 01:51 PM
Already got my vote in for the Executive Series, 20 minutes earlier, sorry.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 01:53 PM
1) The Axiom Audiofiles 2.1 (spelled as 'file' to denote it's for the computer/office)

or

2) Axiom Stealth Series 2.1

I'll save my 3rd entry for any ideas I have later.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 02:00 PM
The Axiom AMMP (Audiophile Multi-Media Powered) series.

"AMMP Sat" for speakers, "AMMP Sub" for subwoofer.
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 02:15 PM
The Axiom Home Office Series Speakers - HSS
with sub - HSS100

The Axiom Home Office Series Speakers - HSS2
with sub - HSS2.1
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 02:19 PM
The Axiom Studio Series Speakers - AXS2
and the AXS2.1 with sub.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 02:51 PM
1. Axiom Atomic Speaker System (without the sub)
Epic Atomic Speaker System (with the sub)

2. Axiom Petite Speaker System (without the sub)
Epic Petite Speaker System (with the sub)

3. Axiom Microbic Speaker System (without the sub)
Epic Microbic Speaker System (with the sub)
Posted By: motoxpj Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 02:58 PM
For the Set
Axiom Epic Oracle
Axiom Epic Pentium

Axiom Megabyte
Axiom Gigabyte
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 03:19 PM
ME-1 for the speakers.

For Multimedia Experience, and for the acronym "me". Makes it personal. "I got these for me."
Posted By: Stymie Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 03:30 PM
Axiom Desktop Series

D1 for the speakers. D for Desktop and 1 since they are smaller than M2s.

EP65 since the woofer is the 6.5" woofer from the M80.

You could then have the Epic Desktop 2.0 with a pair of D1s and outboard amp or the Epic Desktop 2.1 with the EP65 added in.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 03:45 PM
Axiom Quantum Series + Axiom Collider (sub) or Axiom Impact (sub)

Trouble with that is the numbering: Q1 gets confusing, what with the QS series. Oh well.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 03:54 PM
Obligatory-but-fruitless suggestions: Axiom Personal Series, Axiom Powered Series.

PZero for the mains (P implies both Personal and Powered)

Do I understand correctly that there has been a fundamental design change? My previous understanding was that this product would be available ONLY as a 2.1 set, with the amp and crossovers residing in the sub. This new scenario (a powered 2.0 set and optional, powered sub) sounds fantastic to me; there are certainly people like me who want great sound at the office, but don't necessarily require a sub, or desire the associated the expense or footprint. A powered, close-to-full-range pair of Axioms could have very broad application in separate zones (just plug in your squeezebox and there you go!).

However, such a scenario does imply multiple, separate amp modules and (at minimum) relocating the crossover from the sub to the sattelites. Sounds expensive.

That burled walnut is beyond sexxaaayyy.

"When?" indeed. Father's Day is coming.
I am filling in for TrademarkBot who is out of service.

PZero will have many people thinking of the Pirelli Zero performance tire.

PZero
Posted By: Saturn Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 05:11 PM
Sat=Satellite

Axiom Saturn Sat 1
Axiom Saturn Sat 2
Axiom Saturn Sat 3

That was a quick edit. SpellingBot was watching you from his satellite.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 06:14 PM
Good idea on the limit of 3 per person. I guess the 10,000 entires from the last contest was a big overwhelming eh?

Axiom Soundbyte (for the satellites) or Audiobyte same difference really.
Axiom Megabyte (for the sub)

Axiom CSA-1 for "computer sourced audio"
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 06:21 PM
Axiom Meta Series - Meta-2, Meta-3, Meta-5 for Satellites; Meta-1 for Sub or MS-2, MS-3, MS-5 & MS-1

Axiom Binary Series - Bin2.0 or Bin2.1

Symmetry Series by Axiom - Symmetry implies either a quantitative equality of parts (the perfect symmetry of pairs of matched speakers) or a unified system of subordinate parts. Naming Convention: S2.0 for matched pair or S2.1 for system including sub.

Here's one just for fun...

Axiom's New HAL Series - "Yes, Ian, I can reproduce that..." Homage to 2001's infamous computer..."

WhatFurrer
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 06:53 PM
Here are my three entries:

Prodigious
Apache
Rocket
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 07:00 PM
EDIT

Symmetry Series by Axiom - Symmetry implies either a quantitative equality of parts (the perfect symmetry of pairs of matched speakers) or a unified system of subordinate parts. Naming Convention: S2.0 for matched pair or S2.1 for system including sub OR Symmetry 2.0 or Symmetry 2.1, etc...

/EDIT

For some reason I did not get an edit function when I posted the above, so I had to resort to more straightforward means.

WhatFurrer
Quote:

Rocket

The Axiom Rocket?

LogoBot tells me that this is destined to be as popular as the Chevrolet Plymouth and the Coke Pepsi.
Posted By: HAY Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 09:46 PM
Quote:

Already got my vote in for the Executive Series, 20 minutes earlier, sorry.

Well I hope you win then, I tried posting at 9:10am but was rejected at work. I figured someone else would post it before I got mine in...
How about Axiom Desktoppers?

I know, it sux.

What's with the robots? Are there any pleasureBots here?

You guys are to(o) crazy, heh.
Quote:

How about Axiom Desktoppers?

I know, it sux.

What's with the robots? Are there any pleasureBots here?

You guys are to(o) crazy, heh.

Shoulda' stuck with orgasmatron.
Posted By: jonahbug Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 11:50 PM
I am a gamer myself. Love good quality speakers. Have the Klipsh 5.1 ultra's right now and think they sound great. the sub is a 100 watts. I would highly suggest offering a 5.1 package. Especially since almost all sound cards offer 5.1 surround. I think this would definately be a big seller. Also, black or white (especially for any mac owners) would be popular color choices. As I sit here typing this, listening to music, i realize i spend waaay more time in front of the computer then I ever will listening to my lovely Axioms. This leads me to believe that I hope I win these!!!!ha! As I think of suitable names, I am reminded of things that are small but grand at the same time. Now, for my entry!!!

The Quadra's (or the Q's if you go with the letter designations. Q.1's with the sub!)
After the Canadian Quadra Island. Small but grand island! Plus for some reason, it sounds like a perfect PC speaker name!
Posted By: duckman Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 11:51 PM
Man, you guys jumped on this contest like a pack of wild dogs.
Posted By: duckman Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/24/07 11:56 PM
I suggest you bring back the Qs2 or a derivitave of it to go with this series.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 12:16 AM
Now where did i put my thesaurus...
Posted By: spish Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 01:32 AM
I'd explain my thought process behind these, but I'll leave them to your imagination

1. Binary
2. Logic
3. Schema

append what you will, "computer music system", "desktop speakers", you get the picture.

-d
Posted By: spish Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 01:37 AM
damn... i didn't search before posting that! retracting Binary as a submission and substituting.

1. Logic
2. Schema
3. Theory
Posted By: LT61 Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 01:49 AM
PC Blaster
PC Music master
PC Soundbot
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 02:03 AM
All of the following names would come with the variation "Duo" for the 2.0 system and "Trio" for the 2.1 system.

Axiom Minuet System
-- Minuet is a musical term that hints at the mini form factor.

Axiom Prism System
-- Prism is an optical term that hints at the system's capability of presenting music without muddying the sound.

Axiom Sonic
-- I left of the "System" because that would make an unfortunate abbreviation. So this ont would be just the Sonic Duo and the Sonic Trio.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 02:35 AM
The Axiom Bodyguards because of how they flank the computer monitor.
Posted By: Stymie Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 02:38 AM
Axiom Professional Series

P1 for the speakers.
P65 for the sub.
Quote:

damn... i didn't search before posting that! retracting Binary as a submission and substituting.

1. Logic
2. Schema
3. Theory

Sorry that's cheating. You're disqualified.

Looks like I'm getting the speakers!
Posted By: haleighpup Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 03:45 PM
The Axiom Sprite
Retracting entry for now...oops
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 07:05 PM
Lucent is the name of a rather prominent company. As for Sernanata, most people would believe it's a typo. Points for creativity, though.

Oh, we're not supposed to critique our competitors?
I rethought my entries before I read your post. I guess I just beat you to the punch, Peter.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 07:10 PM
No fair retracting! You only have one left.
Noooope. I believe we have the 15 minute editing time to decide if we really like our names. After that it's set in stone anyways.
Posted By: ctk Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/25/07 09:25 PM
Here's my kick at the cat...

Aural's
Sonance
Ethereal
My first one:

The Axiom Lucid (or Lucent) Computer System
Posted By: KevinM Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 01:35 PM
1. Corporate Series (C2.0 & C2.1)
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 04:08 PM
I am certain that my naming strategy will fail me again. For the amp I used names and they picked a letter/number combo. So, thinking that new products will most likely use a letter/number combo, I'm sure that my use of letters/numbers will lose out to an actual name.

I'm convinced of this and have no hopes of winning oh well.....
Posted By: Jordan Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 07:38 PM
Good afternoon,

I may as well throw my 2 cents in.

I thought that because everything sounds cooler (and more highbrow) in Latin that:

"The Axiom Digitalis Series"
- or-
"The Axiom Binaris Series" would be good choices.

Or, perhaps:
"The Axiom Diplomat Series" because they tactfully reproduce sound.

Best of luck to all.

Jordan
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 08:31 PM
Is this contest still open?
Well, here it's...
- iCube
- iSound
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 08:32 PM
iAppleLawsuit ?
Posted By: JaimeG Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 08:57 PM
yeah... never mind, both names have been trademark. what a surprise!
...should had google them before the post... duh!
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 08:59 PM
Quote:

iAppleLawsuit ?

not quite...remember that there are 2 iPhones
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/26/07 09:02 PM
Quote:

yeah... never mind, both names have been trademark. what a surprise!
...should had google them before the post... duh!

I believe that the trade only applies to the use for similar products. Let's say somebody trademarks an amplifier called "Pegasus". Is it illegal to name speakers "Pegasus"? I think not. Then again, i'm not versed in such things.
Posted By: kryolla Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/28/07 01:43 PM
auxilium
Metatron
"kybos" the ancient Greek word for cube
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/29/07 02:28 PM
Cax 2 and Cax 2.1 when the sub is included.
The Axiom Axiomite System (or Axiomites)
Posted By: Rapmon Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/29/07 11:03 PM
I would suggest something more personal.
Axiom Elite AE
Axiom Choice AC
Axiom Gizmos AG
The A could be for AMIE
That's my two cents
Posted By: KevinM Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 01:29 PM
2. Axiom Accompaniments (A1, A2, And A2.1)
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 04:33 PM
MAX system 2.0 (Multimedia Axiom speakers)
MAX system 2.1 (Multimedia Axiom speakers with subwoofer)
MAX ASW (Active Subwoofer)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 06:52 PM
Good one, Mary.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 07:24 PM
Yeah! I vote for Mary. Good suggestions.
Posted By: Stymie Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 07:40 PM
Axiom Atlas Series
A1 for the speakers.
A65 for the sub.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 08:16 PM
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A REAL SUBMISSION

Axiom BNS (Brown-Noser Series)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 08:28 PM
Axiom Realistic Sonic Experience?
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 10:59 PM
Axiom
CF2 (Computer Fidelity)
CF2.1 (Computer Fidelty w/Sub)
Some variation of the above was probably already used but i was to lazy to read throught the thread.
Jake
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 04/30/07 11:55 PM
Quote:

Axiom BNS (Brown-Noser Series)

Seems like this would be very limited on color selection.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 12:49 AM
Oh again funny on so many levels.
What a great week for posts of humour.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 01:45 AM
3) Axiom Auras

for short: A2, A2s, and maybe in the future A5s (speaker channels and 's' for models with a sub)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 08:29 AM
Must keep it simple

Axiom Computer Speaker (series)
ACS 2.0 or ACS 2.1

or

E xecutive Computer Speaker (series)
ECS 2.0 or ECS 2.1
Posted By: Rapmon Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 04:38 PM
So what are you saying, Amie doesn't deserve a line of speakers named for her? She does a lot for the company. When you think of Axiom speakers you not only think of the speakers but also the customer service. Second to none.
I look at all the suggestions for computer names and they are all too technical. I suggested personalizing them. That is not brown nosing. Just deserving.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 05:10 PM

Axiom S1 (Sarcasm Series)
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 05:49 PM
Rapmon, if you'll look at pmbuko's post, you'll see he was responding to TomTuttle's post rather than yours. He was (I believe) jokingly kidding Tom (and probably me as well) for schmoozing Mary by praising her suggestions. He's just jealous cuz Mary loves older guys.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 06:25 PM
Indeed, I was responding to the twitterpated fawning of two grown men. I would not be put out if the computer speakers were named after the First Lady of Canadian wedge-shaped speakers.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 06:33 PM
Told ya! Just jealous!

Actually, at the risk of spoiling Peter's fun, I really do think Mary's suggestions are the best, and would have said the same even if it was he who had made them.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 07:10 PM
Yeah, they are pretty good. Sign me up for the BNS club!

P.S. Mary, one of these days I'll get that CD in the mail for you ...
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 07:51 PM
Oh...so the BNS Club was referring to me? Being so naive, I didn't get the reference either! Hmmm...maybe I should start the BNS Club and Jack will be my number 1 member! One of these days, Jack...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 08:43 PM
Peter, your Twitterpated Fawning meter obviously needs calibration. Cranial-Rectal Inversion is the typical cause for measurements so far from the mean.

Jack, you weren't seriously including ME in that "older guys" crack, right? Are you getting me and Ray mixed up or something? How about a nice cup of tea? There, that's good. We'll talk again after your nap.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/01/07 09:55 PM
Quote:

Jack, you weren't seriously including ME in that "older guys" crack, right? Are you getting me and Ray mixed up or something?

CERTAINLY, I was. Is you is, or is you ain't "older" than Mary. And, while you may not (yet) be a member of the "over the hill club," I want you to know that, as President, I'm having your membership card drawn up as we speak.

Quote:

How about a nice cup of tea? There, that's good. We'll talk again after your nap.

Ironically, at the moment, I'm actually drinking a glass of Arizona Green Tea with ginseng and honey. YUM! And, I've already had my nap.

Mary, you're going to cause a coronary.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 12:53 AM
Interesting blurb at Gizmodo. It indicates that the 3-piece computer speaker set "will come out this June for $599" and that the "wireless (and solar powered) outdoor speaker planned for the summer...will cost around $500 to $600 for a pair".
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 01:01 AM
Looks like they named 'em already--M0. Is Gizmodo part of the contest?

Nice work, Detective Tuttle.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 01:02 AM
And they've named them already! We all lose!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 01:05 AM
M0 was the working title the gave them during the show, was it not?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 01:21 AM
I can't recall. Where is that search function?

Edit--According to Ian, they speakers were based on the discontinued MZero.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 01:48 AM
No, it was the: Hey moe,........woo woo woo woo.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/02/07 04:32 PM
Isn't this contest over? Who's the winner?
Posted By: DanielBMe Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/04/07 12:54 PM
Iwon, Iwon, I think I left my Iwon on this morning...
Posted By: alan Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/04/07 04:54 PM
Hi kcarlile and all,

Relax! MZero is a working name for the prototype. The formal name for the computer speaker system hasn't yet been chosen.

Gizmodo.com kind of jumped the gun (my bad ). I was meeting with the editor to talk about the Algonquin Outdoor M3, and the new compact EP400 DSP subwoofer and had one of the little computer satellites with me in my bag, to show him upcoming products. By the time I got home, the story was up on gizmodo's site, the fastest coverage I've ever seen!

We got to talking about the Outdoor speaker and the upcoming wireless models; pricing is not settled at all. I was rambling on, as is my wont (or maybe it was the beer. . )

Regards,
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Gizmodo breaks "news" - 05/04/07 04:55 PM
Okie dokie... I think the sleep deprivation must have been getting to me. Sorry all!
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/08/07 01:04 PM
Has the name been decided yet ?
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/08/07 01:21 PM
I do not believe so
Quote:

Has the name been decided yet ?

Yes, the Axiom Orgasmatron series.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/09/07 01:10 AM
I think you've been spending to much time on the smut websites Dan, are you even old enough.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/09/07 02:08 AM
Quote:

Is it true that they cast Drew Barrymore or is it Kate Beckinsale in the remake?
College takes perfectly clean minds and spits out dirty ones.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/09/07 11:46 AM
The secret is to get yourself dirty early on. Then, by the time you're in your third year, dirty becomes passé and you start to clean yourself up.
If "That's what she said" is probably the most commonly said phrase by my friends...do you think I qualify?
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/09/07 03:43 PM
Yes you qualify... as a regular watching fan of 'The Office'
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/09/07 05:11 PM
That quote was around long before The Office.
Quote:

I win! I win!

Woo hooooooooo!!!

In your face, everybody!!!
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/09/07 06:28 PM
Quote:

That quote was around long before The Office.

You don't say? Of course, it has been around a long time. I just figured The Office might have something to do with the phrases renewed popularity as of late.

Oh, and congratulations SpeakerGrrl.
Quote:

Quote:

I win! I win!

Woo hooooooooo!!!

In your face, everybody!!!

That's what she said.

No really...it's really what she said.
Posted By: alan Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/10/07 02:09 PM
Nope. We are just voting on various entries, trying to narrow things down.

Regards,
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/14/07 12:37 PM
Wow, I think we have a new record going on here, must really be a tough call.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/14/07 01:10 PM
Or everyone's on vacation.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/14/07 02:00 PM
...or some of both?
I think the entire axiom crew has locked themselves outside to listen to the M3's all this time...
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 12:10 PM
Drumrollllllll please!

First, my apologies for the delay - it was indeed the closest race!

The naming will be as follows:

Axiom Audiobyte Elite Computer Speaker - for the Brushed Silver Satellites with Amplifier
Axiom Audiobyte Executive Computer Speaker - for the Burled Walnut Satellites with Amplifier
Axiom Audiobyte Impact Computer Subwoofer - for the new subwoofer

Thanks to everyone who entered. Instead of one prize, since we took a hybrid name again, prizes are as follows:

Sirquack & Hay for Executive (extenuating circumstances applied to Hay but my email with his entry was timestamped, so Ian says you're both entitled)

Rapmon for Elite

Kcarlile for Impact

You'll all receive a set of computer speakers in Brushed Silver when the product is released later this summer.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 12:20 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Losing to people you like always softens the blow.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 01:04 PM
Congratulations guys!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 01:49 PM
WoW! I can't believe I won something. I buy lottery tickets all the time and never win the lottery.

Thank You Amie and Ian.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 03:11 PM
Let this be a lesson to you: odds matter.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 03:48 PM

Woo hoo!

Congrats to the other winners!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 05:16 PM
Holy blinking words, batman!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 05:19 PM

My apologies for the above. I didn't mean to set a blink tag--didn't even know you could. Meant to simply indicate my surprise by *blinking*
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 05:25 PM
*post removed voluntarily*

(I couldn't leave it up. Suffice it to say it had really annoying html in it.)
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 05:36 PM
Oh, now I'm curious!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 05:39 PM
This is but a small taste...

Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 08:57 PM

Congrats to the winners. Let us all know your impressions.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/17/07 10:11 PM
Hey now, I came up with Audiobyte, Maybe since my submission is in all three products theyre keeping it on the down low, so i can get a super prize- The new Towers we've been hearing about.

Or I was Disqualified because technically I had 4 entries.

ah well, congrats to the winners. I dont really need computer speakers too badly anyway considering I have my computer hooked up to my stereo.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 01:50 AM
Ken, you have Axiom speakers coming out your whazoo now.
Keep going and perhaps someday you will own the complete lineup.
So far i've only had the opportunity to hear the EP350, QS8s, M2s, M22s, M40s, M60s and M80s. I'm starting to fall behind.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 02:48 AM
>>Hey now, I came up with Audiobyte, Maybe since my submission is in all three products theyre keeping it on the down low, so i can get a super prize- The new Towers we've been hearing about.

I think you're right. 4/24/07. Personally I would have disqualified you on the grounds of high shipping costs to Hawaii but it's not my call

Here it is
Posted By: HAY Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 03:14 AM
Excellent, thank you!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 03:43 AM
Brandon, it does appear that you are the one that mentioned "audiobyte". Maybe you should call Judge Judy.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 03:58 AM
Quote:

Brandon, it does appear that you are the one that mentioned "audiobyte". Maybe you should call Judge Judy.

Hmm you may be onto something, I wonder if Judge Judy would award me settlement of a simple EP400 in HG cherry for my emotional distress over this whole contest. lol.

I really didnt want to even mention anything for fear of sounding like "why cant i get some free speakers too see you used my name. waaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa" lol. But figured I would anyway since deep down, I think these tiny little speakers are kinda cool
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 12:10 PM
Oh, all right. If secretly, deep down, you really do think they're kinda cool, one more pair will be awarded. . . but that's it! No more winners!!

Sorry about that!
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 05:12 PM
I knew my strategy would fail...oh well...congrats to the winners
One of these days Axiom will make a product worthy of the name Orgasmatron.

Wait, they already do, the EP600...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/18/07 08:12 PM
Quote:

Oh, all right. If secretly, deep down, you really do think they're kinda cool, one more pair will be awarded. . . but that's it! No more winners!!

Sorry about that!

Awesome Thank you Amie,Ian and all of axiom! I cant wait to see what these little puppies can do! With so many winners on this contest now its like our own little club.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Computer Speaker Naming Contest - 05/30/07 02:39 AM
I want these computer speakers. I'm giving away my current ones. Come on, Axiom. I mean, I have other stuff to buy, too, but still, can't I have it all?
© Axiom Message Boards