Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 07:44 PM
Canadian prices are officially at par with US pricing as of 3 o'clock this afternoon on the Axiom website. No guarantee of how long these prices will last . . .
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 07:49 PM
dangit, I wish I was in the market for another 5.1 system!!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 08:56 PM
How the mighty (dollars) have fallen....
Posted By: Bayne Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 10:30 PM
Gee... I hope this change will be reflected in my order that I placed only 2 hours before this announcement?
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 10:32 PM
Quote:

Gee... I hope this change will be reflected in my order that I placed only 2 hours before this announcement?

Bayne,

I wouldn't worry about it, the canadian dollar yesterday was around 99 cents...so you'll only be saving a couple of dollars...
Posted By: Bayne Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 10:41 PM
Actually, now that I've crunched the numbers, it's $16 plus GST. Not as much as I thought, but still...
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/20/07 10:52 PM
Quote:

Actually, now that I've crunched the numbers, it's $16 plus GST. Not as much as I thought, but still...

really?

mabey that warrants a phone call, didn't think it would be THAT much...
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/21/07 01:44 AM
Wow.
I remember when i had to buy my M60s at $1050 for the pair. Now they are sitting at $990.
Hmm, maybe now is that time to think about the EP500.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/21/07 01:50 AM
Maybe I should buy another Epic80-600 and put it in storage until I'm ready to algonquinize it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/21/07 02:07 PM
I look forward to pictures of the algonquinization process of said speakers.
Posted By: Bayne Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/21/07 06:36 PM
Axiom came through and gave me a credit for the $16.96 that was affceted by the price reduction just hours after I placed my order.

Thanks guys!
Posted By: avdude Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/21/07 08:56 PM
Way to go Axiom.. One of the few companies to step up and give the Canadian consumer a break.. we have been getting hosed up here for over a year now.. And now companies are claiming it will take 2 years for prices to level off with the US.. It's time to shop American, the savings on items such as cars and other big ticket items is incredable..$10000 + savings on a $40,000 car/truck is a signigficant savings... Once again Axiom has shown its respect for the consumer and is not trying to fleece them! Way to GO !!!!

Avdude...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/21/07 09:20 PM
Dude, you're back .
Posted By: avdude Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 09/22/07 06:12 AM
I lurk most of the time when i can add something I post otherwise I try to stay neutral....
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/10/07 02:42 PM
Amie,

are your prices going to reflect pricing the speakers less in Canadian than USD? (this morning the CAD is $1.02 to the USD $1.00)

I am also curious if Axiom's speakers are priced based on the USD or the CAD and then converted to other currencies?

Thanks
Posted By: Amie Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/11/07 04:37 PM
Hi Robb;

Our prices are based on the USD (as are most of our raw goods). Prices changed this morning.

Best,

Amie
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/11/07 04:42 PM
Amie,

Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Amie Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/11/07 05:20 PM
No problem - anxious to see what goes on your wish list!
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/12/07 10:32 PM
Hi: At least Axiom is not trying to screw us speaker or electronics's buyers I was shopping today as I get closer to many decisions as what I'm going to buy, so far no other manufacturers have dropped their prices to reflect the currency change as far as I've seen to this point. Again thanks to Axiom your integrity & honesty is refreshing to see.
Posted By: avdude Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/12/07 11:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Hi Robb;

Our prices are based on the USD (as are most of our raw goods). Prices changed this morning.

Best,

Amie

Looks like it's going to be a very Axiom Christmas for us Canuk's

I have been singing the praises of the price drops on other AV sites .. Hope it helped to inspire some sales..

Avdude
Posted By: jakewash Re: Oh, Canada - Price Change - 10/13/07 01:11 AM
Axiom appears to be the only one adjusting their pricing regularly. I just visted E-cost to see what a refurb AVR would cost and the Canadian pricing is still higher than the US.
© Axiom Message Boards