Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/22/08 09:17 PM
Just a quick note to say the custom finish promotion will end March 15th. After that we'll offer the special finishes in the custom shop for an additional charge.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/22/08 09:36 PM
Amie, that was one sweet deal you guys had going. I'm glad the HG Cherry and Burled Walnut will remain available. Even at the additional charge those are worth it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/22/08 09:49 PM
I keep thinking of trading in for the HG cherry, I'll be glad when it costs more to get it, I won't be tempted any more.
Posted By: Major Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/27/08 03:17 AM
Jason....the HG is so amazing looking, you only live once man....upgrade, you'll love'em. \:D
Posted By: jakewash Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/27/08 10:53 AM
Luckily my wife favors the light maple we have right now as well, so that really puts the brakes.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/27/08 01:48 PM
Remind me of what the special is. I am thinking about getting audiobytes for the office.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/27/08 01:55 PM
Important note for the promotion:
=> "Due to their specialized nature, Audiobyte Computer Speakers are exempt from this offer."
Posted By: Zarak Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/27/08 05:43 PM
Oh well...that probably means I'll stick with one of the synthetic woods if I get them.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/28/08 09:28 PM
I think I may have just decided if the grilles ever go magnetic like the audiobytes, I would do the trade up for high gloss.
Posted By: myrison Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/29/08 01:22 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
I think I may have just decided if the grilles ever go magnetic like the audiobytes, I would do the trade up for high gloss.

Why is that such a big deal? Are the normal grilles hard to remove/replace? I don't have mine yet so I'm curious why the magnetic grilles would be such a plus.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 02/29/08 01:44 AM
Cool factor. It's immeasurable. ;\)
Posted By: samiam Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 03/04/08 03:45 PM

Hello,

just registered and I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot as I could not find out how start a new thread. My reason for joining is more than likely the same as many here,i.e, to learn new things etc; That being said, are these speakers really that good?
I could not find an area where owners made comparisons to other brands though the customer service seems too good to be true and I am hoping for the same from Axiom's speakers as I'm on the proverbial post about buying them. (thinking Paridigm or some other alernative as well). A little help here please. I'm also planning to buy NAD Master series seperates, good or bad match for Axioms? Overkill? Again, a little help would be appreciated.
Thanks and looking forward for responses & being a member here.
Sam
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 03/04/08 03:51 PM
Sam, welcome to the forum.

To start a new topic just pick an appropriate thread, in this case I'd say "Advice from Axiom Owners," and click on the "new topic" button in the upper left hand corner. Put in a title and type away!

To give you helpful advice, it would help us if you gave us some info such as room size, listening habits (crank it up or background music), ratio of music to movies, etc.
Posted By: samiam Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 03/04/08 04:32 PM
Hi & Thanks SPG!

My room is fairly small, 14x18'. Music wise I listen to Jazz but since I've never any kind of home theatre equipment I would imagine another can of worms is to be addressed other than th 'ol straight ahead stereo. I'm guessing that addressing the dynamics of movie tracks may take on a whole new tact. I will be trying to replicate ,clean,tight and realistically nuetral(?) sounds at soft and loud levels at times. If these speaks are a little brittle I have a hard time with P's, S's, and T's anyway...getting older,pardon the word...sucks. This is what attracted me to Axiom, If I can save some on the speaks I'll have some for the other electronic stuff. Hope some of this makes sense, I'm not so sure myself.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Custom Finish Promotion Ending - 03/04/08 04:47 PM
Sam, to make it easier I started a new thread for you.
© Axiom Message Boards