Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/07/13 10:58 AM
For those of you who don't subscribe to our newsletter, you may not have seen the new Building an M80 video, in which Andrew Welker describes how an M80 is built and the numerous innovations inside the cabinet. We've appreciated all the comments you've posted on our blog and it's already given us an idea for another video! (With better sound and lighting!)

Here's your look at Building an M80 Floorstanding Speaker:

Posted By: Spoiler Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/07/13 02:27 PM

Excellent!
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/07/13 04:32 PM
It was pretty cool to see the size of the equipment used.
I never would have thought equipment that large would be used in speaker production.
Posted By: fredk Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/07/13 11:07 PM
Watching a 4x8' sheet of wood being cnc machined is quite impressive.
Excellent video. A few more showing different processes would be nice also.

You should go to the factory & watch that big machine doing its thing - very impressive. Makes quick work of a sheet of cabinet material.

Every woodworking guy should have one, ha!

TAM
Posted By: Adrian Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/09/13 04:08 PM
Nicely made and informative video. A customer of Linda's, a (relatively) small woodshop, does some work for Paradigm and Martin Logan. In fact, I talked to the owner(great guy) for quite some time about many of the projects he works on, but mostly the audio stuff...he bought a couple of CNC machines from Paradigm as they(Paradigm) were buying new machinery. Interestingly, the Studio 60s appeared to have NO bracing in them at all, as did the Martin Logans.
On another note, the owner said he could get me a deal on Baltic Birch or MDF if I wanted....he uses some really thick MDF on a few of his jobs, 1 1/2"!! no idea what a 4x8 sheet of THAT would weigh!!
Good sub stuff, that 1.5" MDF.

Hey, we're buds! A REAL friend would ship 15-20 sheets of that Baltic Birch down here to me, you know.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/09/13 05:02 PM
Would you settle for a couple of twisted 2x4's ?
Pfffft. I gots plenty of those! smile
Posted By: Murph Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/10/13 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Would you settle for a couple of twisted 2x4's ?

Or maybe getting twisted on two-fours?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/11/13 05:00 PM
Why not all fours?
Posted By: Murph Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/13/13 11:43 AM
Four two-fours would be better.
Posted By: fredk Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 05/14/13 08:55 PM
I'm all for watching Peter on all four after downing the four two-fours. If that doesn't do it, we can always go back to the two by fours.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Building an M80: A Look at What's Inside - 06/15/13 04:25 AM
M80
© Axiom Message Boards