Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie LFR1100 Review on Secrets of Home Theater - 06/10/13 06:15 PM
The latest review of the LFRs is out! Chris Eberle of Secrets of Home Theater Hi Fi got his pair and wrote a very detailed review that covers set up, positioning, home theater and stereo listening, and what happens when your listening window suddenly goes from big to HUGE! Check it out here:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/floor-sta...-amplifier.html

A little grin:
Quote:
"As it began, I immediately noticed a curious sensation on the bottom of my chin and a dry tickle in my throat. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my jaw was on the floor! The depth and width of the soundstage was simply astounding."
OK... now I have speaker envy. Getting a new HT room soon, depends on proceeds on this end...
Posted By: brwsaw Re: LFR1100 Review on Secrets of Home Theater - 06/11/13 03:37 AM
I'd really like to hear them.
Originally Posted By: Amie
The latest review of the LFRs is out! Chris Eberle of Secrets of Home Theater Hi Fi got his pair and wrote a very detailed review that covers set up, positioning, home theater and stereo listening, and what happens when your listening window suddenly goes from big to HUGE! Check it out here:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/floor-sta...-amplifier.html

A little grin:
Quote:
"As it began, I immediately noticed a curious sensation on the bottom of my chin and a dry tickle in my throat. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my jaw was on the floor! The depth and width of the soundstage was simply astounding."

I "think" he liked them.
Posted By: Adrian Re: LFR1100 Review on Secrets of Home Theater - 06/11/13 04:40 PM
I'm curious to know what these speakers sound like as many others are. I'll bet the soundstage is huge.... I'm wondering if there would be any problems in an HT setup where you want to pinpoint certain sounds in movies or not?
Posted By: Ian Re: LFR1100 Review on Secrets of Home Theater - 06/11/13 08:02 PM
Hi Adrian,

This is the great thing about having the DSP to code the rear separately on their own channels, the big soundstage does not come at the expense of the pinpoint imaging.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: LFR1100 Review on Secrets of Home Theater - 06/11/13 11:57 PM
++
I was just wondering how do the LFR1100 speakers compare to say Ohm 3, 4 or 5? It sounds like the LFR1100 is somewhat adjustable so that even with it's wide sound stage you do not lose precise imaging. Thanks from an M22Ti owner now envious of Axiom's new big brother LFR1100 speakers!
Posted By: JohnK Re: LFR1100 Review on Secrets of Home Theater - 06/21/13 01:40 AM
JR, welcome back(you've kept us waiting almost 9 years for your second post!)from another proud M22 owner. As to the LFR1100 comparison with those old Ohm models, almost certainly none of us have personal experience with the Ohms. The technology of the Walsh driver in the Ohms allows theoretically omnidirectional dispersion of all frequencies. However, as Ian and Andrew have pointed out here, the backward dispersion reflecting off the wall can interfere with the frontal output, causing frequency response and imaging problems. Ohm attempted to minimize this issue by physically blocking portions of the rearward output with padding. Axiom has developed a far more sophisticated solution by applying Digital Signal Processing to the front and back outputs, allowing the back output to create a better omni-directional sound stage without the interference effects previously mentioned.
© Axiom Message Boards