Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ian New B-stock Store - 04/25/14 04:41 PM
Today we launched the new B-stock store under Deals in the main nav. This will be our new home for selling the v4 products that don’t quite pass our visual inspection during assembly. They will be put in the store as they become available and removed after they are sold. We are also introducing a 3-level grading system into our new B-stock store as follows:

Excellent Condition means the blemish is on the bottom or the back or is so minor you cannot find it without some searching.

Good Condition means the blemish is not visible from more than 3 feet (1 meter) away or is behind the grille.

Scratch & Dent Condition means the there are multiple blemishes on the same product and/or the blemish is pushing our 3 foot rule for Good Condition.

The grade will be reflected in the pricing. The Excellent B-stockers will be 10% below the Factory Outlet prices, the Good will be 15%, and the Scratch & Dent 20%.

Your thoughts on our new B-stock store would be great to have.

Thanks,
Posted By: brwsaw Re: New B-stock Store - 04/25/14 04:54 PM
I like the pricing structure.

It looks like its getting watched over closely too, 1 product sold already!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New B-stock Store - 04/25/14 06:18 PM
Ian, will this REPLACE the Factory Outlet at some point?
Posted By: Ian Re: New B-stock Store - 04/25/14 07:12 PM
I see them as two different things so no intention to end the Factory Outlet.
Posted By: LRA Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 01:00 AM
I find it harder to get the difference between the Factory outlet and the BStock. FO used to be speakers with small defects. The bstock area seems to share the same description. Is it possible to clarify the difference?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 01:40 AM
Luc, I think that the BStock store includes ready-to-ship, specific items with varying degrees of defect. The FO still relies upon expected future QA rejects.
Posted By: JohnK Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 02:06 AM
I was under the impression that the Factory Outlet items now had not even a blemish which would put them in the "excellent" B-stock category, but received the discount simply because of the time delay.
Posted By: MMM Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 09:24 AM
and the factory store doesn't come with the new 10 year warranty, it's only 5 years.
Posted By: Ian Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 12:51 PM
The Factory Outlet is now the same product as the regular products except with a wait time, a five year warranty (instead of 10), and no option to Customize Yours. There are no longer any B-stock products in the Factory Outlet.

The B-stock store is now where the B-stock products are sold. They are put in the B-stock store on an as it happens basis and are graded depending on the severity and/or quantity of the scratch or dent. The warranty for B-stock is five years.

The Refurb Store is where the trade-ins are sold that come from the Up-grade program. These have a two year warranty.

Keeping the name the same for the Factory Outlet was a bit confusing but Amie liked the name and wanted to keep it; so what choice did we really have.
Posted By: Jc Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 01:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Ian
. . . Keeping the name the same for the Factory Outlet was a bit confusing but Amie liked the name and wanted to keep it; so what choice did we really have.

There is a saying in French <Ce que Femme veut, Dieu le veut>.
Posted By: J. B. Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 02:55 PM
voeux pieux.
Posted By: medic8r Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 03:09 PM
s'il vous plaît transmettre la poutine
Posted By: fredk Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 07:25 PM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
s'il vous plaît transmettre la poutine

You want to know when the factory outlet poutine finish will be available?
Posted By: Jc Re: New B-stock Store - 05/23/14 10:38 PM
In reality, the poutine finish will come in several colours according to the type of gravy selected . . .

Bon apétit !
Posted By: chesseroo Re: New B-stock Store - 05/24/14 01:58 AM
Apparently we have a restaurant in town called The Poutinerie.
It's about time i attend.
Posted By: a401classic Re: New B-stock Store - 05/29/14 02:47 AM
Absolutely love the idea...
[begin subliminal messaging] My kid's birthday is in 3 weeks... need a pair of B-stock M22's or M3's in semi-gloss natural rosewood... just saying [end subliminal messaging] keep up the good work!

Scott
Posted By: Cohesion Re: New B-stock Store - 05/29/14 12:32 PM
There is quite a nice pair of LFR1100's in the B Stock store right now for about a grand off list - actually more than a grand as these are in a custom finish! Not sure what the defect is but the custom Cherry finish looks quite nice in the photo!
Posted By: a401classic Re: New B-stock Store - 05/29/14 01:55 PM
Yeah, saw those. I love my kid, but he'll have to wait till he's rich and infamous to get that level of speaker.
Posted By: MMM Re: New B-stock Store - 05/30/14 02:40 AM
Well, they lasted till about 11:30 and then they sold.. I am sure they will sound real good when they arrive.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 06/09/14 04:37 PM
Will someone please buy those lonely M50V4s?

Being a happy M3 owner & if I was in the market for a couple of towers, I would certainly give them a try at that price. The 50s have always been overshadowed by the 60s but the 50s have always intrigued me - I prefer a simpler complement of drivers in my speakers...

TAM
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: New B-stock Store - 06/09/14 07:14 PM
Buy them Tam, you know you want to. Do it
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 06/09/14 11:17 PM
Arggghh - no place to put them, yet...

TAM
Posted By: MichaelTrottar Re: New B-stock Store - 07/24/14 07:29 AM
I really like my kid, but he'll have to delay until he's wealthy and notorious to get that level of presenter.
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 10/24/14 10:49 PM
Is it just me or is there nothing in the b stock store? I have been looking almost daily for months and finally gave up for a refurb set of m3's in a color I am unsure of.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 10/25/14 04:49 AM
Huh??

I see 5 pages of B-Stock listings including the M2 On Walls & EP400 that I mentioned over at AVS...

TAM
Posted By: MMM Re: New B-stock Store - 10/25/14 12:21 PM
there are items in there, but I gather he was saying that the items that he WANTED was not, or not at a price that he was looking to pay. I go every so often for curiosity sake but will admit that the items don't seem to change all that much. I gather that some of the speakers don't get made all that much, so the chances of a B-Stock item for them is very minimal. it's not like Axiom is trying to make b-stock product.
Posted By: bridgman Re: New B-stock Store - 10/25/14 05:59 PM
If you want specific product as Factory Outlet, you just have to be willing to wait a bit.

If you want specific product as B-Stock, you might have to take a factory tour and bring a hammer smile
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 10/25/14 06:24 PM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Huh??

I see 5 pages of B-Stock listings including the M2 On Walls & EP400 that I mentioned over at AVS...

TAM

I never ever said I wanted eggshell white smile

Another example, no M3's...at all. One of their more popular speakers and none to be found. I bought them from the refurb instead.

The b stock should have one pair of each model at least. Someone in the factory needs to start making some mistakes so we can get better deals!

Something else Axiom might want to consider. If stuff isn't moving, refurb or b stock, and its just sitting there forever, allow people to make an offer on it online. You never know, they might sell quicker.

There are some things I would have jumped on, but if its just another $100 bucks to go with a new one with a full warranty and no damage, what do you think most people will do?

Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 10/27/14 05:14 PM
newf:

Just trying to be helpful with some suggestions. I thought that the Eggshell White might work in your room as it is rare that there are so many speakers of the same colour in there & you easily could build a matching set of V4s.

Note how much assistance that you received at AVS other than from me - none. That sadly is often the case wrt to Axiom there.

Over the past 3 years, I have bought several B-stock items. Every one has been virtually cosmetically perfect & it would take very close inspection to find any flaw. Waiting for the exact model & colour that you desire could be a very long one - it's the nature of the beast. I've watched the 'Deals' section daily for some time & from what I've seen, products do not languish there for very long...

TAM
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New B-stock Store - 10/27/14 05:58 PM
Mix some red wine in scrambled eggs and you get green eggs.

Your welcome.
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 10/28/14 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
newf:

Just trying to be helpful with some suggestions. I thought that the Eggshell White might work in your room as it is rare that there are so many speakers of the same colour in there & you easily could build a matching set of V4s.

Note how much assistance that you received at AVS other than from me - none. That sadly is often the case wrt to Axiom there.

Over the past 3 years, I have bought several B-stock items. Every one has been virtually cosmetically perfect & it would take very close inspection to find any flaw. Waiting for the exact model & colour that you desire could be a very long one - it's the nature of the beast. I've watched the 'Deals' section daily for some time & from what I've seen, products do not languish there for very long...

TAM

Yeah it is sad that the other forum does not give Axiom more credit. I do thank you for your help. I am trying out the m3's for now and a new svs sub as well. Gotta love new toys...but I hate waiting for them to show up.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 10/28/14 02:20 AM
The older I get, the better I am at waiting - except in the line at the grocery store, ha!!

A couple of weeks ago when I bought a new car, I had to wait a couple of days so that the wife could be available to sign the papers to complete the transaction. When I was 20 (about a hundred years ago!) it would have driven me crazy to wait.

Now, ho hum, Saturday morning will be just fine...

TAM
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 11/11/14 08:40 PM
The b stock and refurb store are going to bankrupt me.

M22 on walls coming now for living room setup.

If anyone at Axiom is reading, I need a on wall VP 100, and on wall M2's all in black V3 or V4. Feel free to slightly damage a set at the factory smile

Oh, and another set of light maple M3 bookshelves !
Posted By: mpyw Re: New B-stock Store - 11/17/14 08:38 AM
why are b-stock and refurbish are not available outside USA & Canada?

We are paying the same cash & shipping anyway...
Posted By: bridgman Re: New B-stock Store - 11/17/14 03:08 PM
I think prices are lower so the shipping costs (which go up sharply outside NA) are a bigger percentage of the cost.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 12/23/14 07:32 PM
I wish that someone would give that lonely white EP400 in the B-Stock Store a good home.

It is a great little monster sub that would make a wonderful addition to any music only system. If I didn't already have 2 of them , I'd snap it up, ha!

TAM
Posted By: MMM Re: New B-stock Store - 12/24/14 01:25 AM
If it was an EP500 then it would have been gone.
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 12/24/14 01:50 AM
if it was cheaper it would be gone. Too much for a damaged sub imho
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 12/24/14 07:52 AM
I think that I could live with that minor blemish for a $600 savings...

TAM
Posted By: MMM Re: New B-stock Store - 12/24/14 12:52 PM
No Tam, it's only a $230 savings and for that you must like it being white. Not to say that it isn't a great deal for someone wanting a sub that size.
Posted By: AAAA Re: New B-stock Store - 12/24/14 01:04 PM
Just checked the SVS outlet for fun. Their inventory crased to just piano/high gloss finishes. Christmas must be a good time for Axiom too.

Been watching the B-stock section for a while now. Curiosity killed the cat...... laugh
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 12/24/14 05:10 PM
The way that I see it, it's High Gloss White that puts it at $1605 with that premium finish...

TAM
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: New B-stock Store - 03/13/15 06:32 PM
Wow - 12 pages of product in the B-Stock Store right now...

TAM
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 03/13/15 08:52 PM
Yup, and 10% off too if you get the news letter.

Funny how so many b stock showed up. Disgruntled worker go postal in the factory...?haha.

So the real woods without pictures....do you pick your wood type yourself?
Posted By: a401classic Re: New B-stock Store - 03/13/15 09:49 PM
Originally Posted By: newf
Disgruntled worker go postal in the factory...?haha.

Or someone new coming up to speed.
Posted By: Ian Re: New B-stock Store - 03/14/15 10:46 PM
We finally got around to doing something with the real wood cabinets that have been piling up because they were rejected over some little thing before the finish went on. Hence why so many are pending the picture until we put a finish on them and the parts are installed.
Posted By: Newf Re: New B-stock Store - 04/01/15 11:56 PM
You guys really need to take more pictures of the scratch and dent specials. I have skipped some deals because I have no idea what the "scratch" or "dent" was. Too risky. I bought one set of m22's blind like this, and when I got them I wish I had seen better pics of the damage before ordering.
© Axiom Message Boards