Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BassTek Best place to buy SPL Meter (in Canada)? - 04/14/06 03:45 AM
Now that my speakers have arrived and my sub is on order, I realise that I have forgotten to get a SPL meter. I know that the Radio Shack Analogue meter is the pick of the crowd, but since being bought out by Circuit City they are no longer available here in Canada. Are there any alternatives that anyone knows about before I place my order for the Avia/RS Meter from that well-known sub site?
Radio Shack seems to have returned although I have no idea what their product range is. The stores are limited to Ontario and Alberta. Check out the Store Locator and the FAQ.

http://www.radioshackisback.com/en/index.asp

I picked mine up from Vancouver via eBay.

Posted By: HAY Re: Best place to buy SPL Meter (in Canada)? - 04/14/06 05:41 PM
You can try your local music store where they sell instruments.
I went to one in my area (Burlington,ON)and they rented them or sold them. It was a digital cheaper looking one than the ratshack but it works great.
Posted By: BassTek Re: Best place to buy SPL Meter (in Canada)? - 04/14/06 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll be in Edmonton in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll get lucky and find one there.
I cant find them! I went to radio shack {the source} and they looked at me like I had two heads! I'll try a music store 'I have used guitar tuners in the past for guitars and they probably will do the job. ?
Post deleted by Amie
Posted By: BrenR Re: Best place to buy SPL Meter (in Canada)? - 04/17/06 08:16 AM
Spam anyone?

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards