Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TweedleyD Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 11:50 AM
Time to hide the Eggs an all hope u all have a Fun Easter Day
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 01:48 PM
You to Mark, the kids are running around the house right now like crazy people. Then were off to church. One of these days they will understand the true meaning of Easter.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 03:17 PM
Heading up to my folks' house. Mom's having a big Easter egg hunt in the backyard.

For the kids, not for me.

Have a good Easter everyone!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 03:39 PM
Kids were up at 5:00am, unfortunatly I went to bed at 3:00am, It's gonna be a long but Happy Easter, I wish everyone and their families the best.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 04:24 PM
After church, my folks are coming over, as are my sister, brother in-law, and their two kids. We are having a big fish fry, mmmmmm mmmmm good, Crappies, Walleye, Bass, can't wait....
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 04:26 PM
In reply to:

Crappies, Walleye, Bass, can't wait....

Any fish sticks?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 04:30 PM
nope, just fresh water fish my dad and I catch each year around Iowa in lakes/ponds. I'm talking 15" wide crappies, mmmmm mmm good.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 04:40 PM
Sounds good, Randy. It's odd, I don't really care for fish and I used to be an avid fisherman. But I can tell you this--nothing beats fresh fish. One day my buddy and I went ocean fishing, caught some sand bass, came home, put it on the grill, and we dined on some excellent fish tacos. Tastes ten times better than stuff that's been sitting in the freezer.

By the way, why can't they spell crappie with an "o"? Makes me giggle.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 05:42 PM
We did it! We hid the eggs!!

We did the same as we did last year: Hid two dozen eggs!!

The kids had better luck this year though: Last year they found 23 eggs; this year they found 25!!

Happy Easter to all of Y'all!!
Rich and family.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 06:14 PM
Just when I thought being 19 was a little old to be participating in an easter egg hunt, my mom hid easter eggs around the house and handed a basket to me and my sister. I couldn't resist.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 06:15 PM
Just don't eat that 25th egg
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 06:26 PM
And how do you tell which is the 25th egg?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 06:57 PM
Well guys; the kids figured it out all by themselves!!

They decided to put them all back, and take a lesson from the local polliticians: Commision a study group and take the next year to study the dillemma.

They fully axpect to have it all resolved by next Easter when the next batch is hidden!!
Posted By: Wid Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 07:48 PM
In reply to:

I'm talking 15" wide crappies

I would like to see one of those
Posted By: RickF Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 11:04 PM
>>> I'm talking 15" wide crappies, mmmmm mmm good <<<

Like Rick, I too would love to see a 15" wide crappie. As far as that goes, I'd love to see a 15" *long* crappie.

I always thought our very own big Lake Okeechobee produced some big crappies!
Posted By: RickF Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/16/06 11:05 PM
And BTW ...

Happy Easter Everybody!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 02:21 AM
And another Happy Easter!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 02:27 AM
I'll have to see if I can round up some old pictures. I have many showing Bluegill and Crappies as wide(long) as a newspaper, just plan horses.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 03:24 AM
In reply to:

I'm talking 15" wide crappies

I think after all I ate today, I'm gonna have a 15" crappie.

And if that's the width, I'm in trouble.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 04:45 AM
Just have someone punch you in the gut a few times if it's coming out sideways. That should get it turned the right way.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 05:06 AM
Ouch and ouch.
Posted By: littleb Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 02:28 PM
I think he might be in trouble.
Posted By: PaulM Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 06:09 PM
Oh man I love the taste of crappies. Been years since I lived far enough south for them to be in nearby lakes. In central Alberta the eating fish mainly consist of lake trout, pike and walleye.

In a few weeks I and 5 colleagues will be helicoptered into a nearby river to spend 1.5 weeks trap netting and squeeze 500-750 big fat walleye to fertilize 30,000,000 eggs which will be raised in our provincial hatchery. It's always a fun trip. The river is located in the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range and while we are doing our work the annual Allied Maple Flag air combat extravaganza is underway. Lots of F14's, F16's, harriers and other jets blasting by at near tree top level. By the time we hear them, they are nearly out of sight. Makes for an exciting work environment.

A belated Happy Easter to everyone.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 06:48 PM
In reply to:

Oh man I love the taste of crappies.

Is it me, or does that not sound appetizing.

Posted By: PaulM Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/17/06 06:57 PM
Ok, let me rephrase that to " Oh man, I love the taste of Pomoxis nigromaculatus". I suppose it should actually be called "Pomoxis sp."
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/18/06 12:30 AM
That's not any more appetizing.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/18/06 03:29 AM
Wow Paul, I admire you, that sounds like great fun.

I've spent a lot of time in Minnesota fishing, nothing like good Walleye or Pike either, great eating. Have yet to make it to Canada, but my dad used to fish there a lot.
Posted By: PaulM Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/18/06 05:39 AM
Yeah the walleye spawn camp is one of the most fun parts of my job (I'm a fisheries biologist recently turned manager and still manage to get out in the field on occassion).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/18/06 08:18 PM
I admire people with jobs like yours. You know, a job that you actually like.
Posted By: RickF Re: Hoppy Easterrrrrrrrrr !!! - 04/18/06 10:21 PM
Paul, I have a very good friend who is a fisheries biologist for the Reedy Creek District (Walt Disney World, Orlando) and let me tell you what, the Disney World complex has a very extensive natural as well as man made water system that produces some huge bass, which happens to be very off limits to the general public but open to the 'insiders' on the compound and an occasional guest (me a couple of times!). Neat place.
© Axiom Message Boards