Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rcvecc nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 12:50 AM
LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: richeydog Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 12:58 AM
LET'S GO REDWINGS!!!

Posted By: Ajax Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:02 AM
What Richeydog said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:15 AM
Guess I'm not a Hockey fan, didn't even know the season was ending.
Posted By: RickF Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:16 AM
didn't even know the season was ending

I thought it was over months ago.
Posted By: richeydog Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:18 AM
Yes!!! A fellow wings fan. Not too many of us around... I'm already nervous and the games have not even started yet. lol
Posted By: Ajax Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:25 AM
Born in Detroit. It's killing me that my cable company doesn't carry OLN. So, unless INHD picks up some of the games on OLN (they did a few regular season games), the only games I'll get to see will be the ones on NBC.
Posted By: Wid Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:27 AM

In reply to:

Born in Detroit

Well now, that explains a lot
Posted By: Ajax Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:29 AM
HEY!
Posted By: Wid Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 01:30 AM

I didn't say it was bad
Posted By: Ken.C Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 02:49 AM
Let's go... listen to some music or watch a movie or something...
Posted By: BassTek Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 04:45 AM
Let's go... Sharks I guess. I'm a bit of a Boston fan but I hardly recognize the team anymore.
Posted By: jinhan Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 02:12 PM
I'm rooting for the Rangers, although with their recent slide, I'm not too confident that they will get past the first round.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 02:47 PM
Blackhawks for the win!
Posted By: snakeyes Re: nhl playoffs - 04/20/06 02:57 PM
Im also rooting for the Rangers. I think that looking at the glass half full i think one good thing about the finish of the reg season is that perhaps oit takes a little pressure off. Also there will probably be more Rangers fans at the Devils home games.
Posted By: jinhan Re: NHL playoffs - 04/20/06 03:48 PM
I guess I am a pessimist by nature.
Posted By: medic8r Re: NHL playoffs - 04/20/06 07:05 PM
Only four months until college football season!
Posted By: Zarak Re: NHL playoffs - 04/21/06 12:34 AM
From someone who doesn't like either team (read: a Flyers fan), the Devils are going to beat the Rangers. Devils are hot, rangers are not, and Devils have the experienced goalie to boot. I'll even go so far as to say...Devils in 5. (it hurts to type that)

Now the Flyers, we'll see. I'm hopeful, but it could go either way. Forsberg needs to stay healthy.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: NHL playoffs - 04/21/06 01:03 AM
im so glad the devils are playing the rangers in the first round because their games are televised here where the devils games are not.

Posted By: snakeyes Re: NHL playoffs - 04/21/06 12:21 PM
That's because the devils are the Atlanta braves of hockey they keep winning whether the fans pay attention or not. lol
Posted By: Ajax Re: NHL playoffs - 04/21/06 01:09 PM
Apologies for going OT, but Ron, that little guy/gal is a heck of a finger painter! LOL!

For the uninitiated, to see what I mean, right click on Ron's avatar and click on "Open Image In New Window."
Posted By: ferguson630 Re: nhl playoffs - 04/25/06 11:07 PM
It let's go OILERS - OILERS ROCK
Posted By: jinhan Re: nhl playoffs - 04/27/06 01:05 PM
The Rangers haven't shown up. I smell a sweep.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: nhl playoffs - 04/27/06 08:47 PM
golf well rangers
Posted By: HomeDad Re: nhl playoffs - 04/27/06 08:53 PM
Go Ducks
Posted By: Zarak Re: nhl playoffs - 04/29/06 06:56 PM
Partially the Rangers haven't shown up, but I think a bigger part is that the Devils are just playing that well now. They've won 14 in a row I think it is.

Glad the Flyers have come back to tie the series, and hopefully have some momentum now. Don't really want to play the Devils next round though if it comes to that, but I'll just be happy to advance. I just need to keep watching the games. I was unable to watch the first two and the Flyers lost both, I watched 3 and 4 and they won both. I'll be watching tomorrow afternoon!
Posted By: bray Re: nhl playoffs - 04/29/06 10:40 PM
Hang on STARS.
Posted By: richeydog Re: nhl playoffs - 04/30/06 11:27 PM
In reply to:

Hang on STARS.

Darn it! Stars eliminated today in overtime. This series could have gone either way. Sorry Brady.

Wish my Red Wings luck tomorrow vs Edmonton. They need it.

Posted By: rcvecc Re: nhl playoffs - 05/01/06 12:57 AM
i was just scrolling through the guide on tv and INHD had stanley cup playoffs listed-i clicked it-and got nothing but a black screen and music-AAAA HA-thats where the devils rangers game would have been if........
Posted By: PaulM Re: nhl playoffs - 05/18/06 12:08 AM
Whahoo. Go OILERS Go.
Shark season closes tonight and duck season to open soon.

Got to go now and watch the game.

Thanks goodness the HT is in the basement. It's 90 degrees here and virutally nobody has air conditioning cause we only get these kinds of temperatures but a couple times a year (in July). Hmm, global warming?
Posted By: rcvecc Re: nhl playoffs - 05/18/06 02:42 AM
canes shut down my devils pretty quick
nj played good but carolina played great
better luck next year nj-maybe elias can catch up to jager on the back 9
Posted By: HomeDad Re: nhl playoffs - 05/18/06 02:51 AM
Wow, the Ducks are still flying, go Ducks
Posted By: barilkobart Re: nhl playoffs - 05/18/06 03:09 AM
Buffalo/Oilers final
Posted By: PaulM Re: nhl playoffs - 05/18/06 04:16 AM
You'd think with all the horn honking and partying going on in town tonight the Oilers had just clinched a berth to final round. This is a big hockey town and I guess after 14 years of not getting to the 1/4 finals, there's lots of pent up enthusiasm.

Friday the duck hunting starts (should be a tough series, especially so soon after such a physical series) and yeah, a Oiler/Sabers final would be wonderful (though I could live with the Hurricanes too).
Posted By: ferguson630 Re: nhl playoffs - 05/20/06 04:34 AM
One down, three to go.

Looks like the Oilers are taking the Quack out of the Duck

Oilers Rule
Posted By: PaulM Re: nhl playoffs - 05/20/06 05:17 AM
Looking good. I couldn't believe the heads up play by Roloson to flip the puck up high out of the zone to centre ice for Peca to pick up and go in and score while defending against a powerplay. That was sweet indeed.

The Oil sure started to fade in the third period though. They got to regroup and come out a little harder in game 2. Go Oilers go!
Posted By: ferguson630 Re: nhl playoffs - 05/22/06 03:39 AM
Looks like they really are taking the Quack out of the Ducks 2 down 2 to go - Tues and Thurs in Edmonton.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: nhl playoffs - 06/07/07 09:02 PM
I don't really care about hockey, but I think that there is something really, fundamentally WRONG with the Anaheim Ducks winning Lord Stanley's Cup.

I mean, that just ain't right.

Sincere condolences to Canadian friends and hockey lovers.
Posted By: PaulM Re: nhl playoffs - 06/08/07 04:52 AM
Yeah, this makes 3 years in a row a Canadian team lost to an Amercian team in the final series. Insult to injury for us Oilers fans is that Pronger reneged after 1 year of his 5 year contract with the Oilers and then goes to Anaheim and wins the cup. Oh well, there is always next year.
Posted By: Zarak Re: nhl playoffs - 06/08/07 01:48 PM
So the Ducks won huh...wow, shows how much I paid attention. I think I had heard it was 3 games to 1, but didn't even know they played last night. I like hockey and am a Flyers fan, but I'm becoming more convinced that they need to do something to improve interest. Ratings were horrible, and if the Flyers aren't in it I find it hard to pay attention.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: nhl playoffs - 06/08/07 06:13 PM
Paul, I am guessing that you meant a "southern American" team, as teams north of the border have been in a drought since the greatest hockey team ever picked up the trophy in '93.

It is quite depressing....and i wouldn't even find it so bad if this had generated big interest in Cal towards hockey, but i'll guarantee if the ducks are mediocre next year they won't even draw to 1/2 full. Oh well, at least we're going to bring Nashville north of the border....and latest rumour is Winnipeg! GO JETS GO.
Posted By: PaulM Re: nhl playoffs - 06/08/07 08:58 PM
Good catch on the "southern" omission. It'd be good to see Winnipeg with a franchise again. I used to travel to the Peg a few times a winter to watch them when I lived in Sioux Lookout. I always enjoyed the city.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: nhl playoffs - 06/08/07 09:45 PM
Quote:

I always enjoyed the city.

I may have caught another mistake....are we talking about the same Winnipeg????

(Bren, Chess, other forum 'peggers, I kid, I kid)
Posted By: BrenR Re: nhl playoffs - 06/08/07 10:11 PM
Quote:

I'm becoming more convinced that they need to do something to improve interest. Ratings were horrible

Make playoffs happen when watching an ice sport while wearing shorts doesn't seem really silly.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards