Axiom Home Page
Man Rick, you must have the inside scoop. I can't believe Amie let you send me a beta version of the m100ti's. Dude, I love them, thanks so much. I owe ya big time.

Now that is sweet! More drivers = more fun.
I really appreciate the gift Wid, hope Amie does not get mad since you thought they were to powerful for your room, they work great in my basement.
Now I have to find a new AVR or seperates to drive these 2ohm bad boys, any ideas guys?
Lol, you know Wid's response will be , those are to big you need some 80's
are these real !!!!!!!!!!
I thought we did these jokes on April 1 only! :-)
I think the birthday boy is still getting his *drink on* from yesterday.

In reply to:

Lol, you know Wid's response will be , those are to big you need some 80's

You got that right That's a good one Randy.

Yep NewKid2005, they are a new prototype I'm testing
We need to start a new game. It would be modeled after a gal in my office who posts a "fact of the day" that I often dispute purely to be contrary.

New Axiom Board game - "Is Sirquack full of crap or what?"
You might want to let the Axiom people know that their quality control may me slipping. I detect a buckle in the wood between the top and middle driver in each section. It's very subtle, but you can see it on the edge, which is not exactly linear.

Why, it's almost as each they just took one and a half M80s and glommed all of the bits together!
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Nice speakers but you have the older M100ti's and not the M100 v2's !!
Are you planning to use the M80's for your surrounds now?
Hook em up to my NAD T773
Ok now guys, you regulars around here know that even if Axiom did come out with m100ti's, most likely they would not look like my terrible Adobe Photoshop fake that I whipped togethor in 20 minutes the other night. I think these things would be so top heavy with that many drivers. I was just having fun with my Illinois neighbor Wid (Rick).

For the rest of you that have not checked my profile:

Denon 2805
Axiom m60ti's vp150 ep500 4-Qs8's
Ahanix HTPC
Sanyo Z2 Projector
H600M Prismasonic Anamorphic lens
Sony 5 disc CD player

I was plotting to see if I could use a set of those fabulous M100s three across the front, but I noticed the top of the TV would punch through the ceiling if I used it in front verticaly!

I then looked to see about horizontal in my assemetricaly arrayed listening room. But then I'm afraid that it may be wider than my 65" Mits!

Yeow! Running out of options!
Rich.
How about photoshopping an M160? Double the drivers of an M80, but put them side by side. So you'd have a square array of tweeters over a sqare array of mids over a square array of woofers.

Although it might sound and look better to offset the columns a bit, like so:

t--
--t
t--
--t
m--
--m
m--
--m
w--
--w
w--
--w

Cool!

Then to keep the baffle as narrow as possible to keep refraction to a minimum; the cabinet could be "Wavy" like one of those free flowing CD case towers!!

Groovie indeed!!
Rich.
pretty cool idea peter, hmmm I may have to play around with that a bit.
© Axiom Message Boards