Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol What's that I smell? - 08/30/06 02:32 AM
It would be the smell of fresh popcorn! I bought a "real" popcorn machine tonight after wanting one for YEARS! It tastes SO good.

I got the Paragaon 4 oz Contempo which is made right here in Iowa. I read some very good things about it and found one on eBay from a local (in Des Moines) reseller. I was able to pick it up today for a VERY good price and not have to pay shipping, although I paid almost as much in tax.

It is a very nice unit and the only way I ever see me having microwave popcorn again is if it is a special flavor like kettle corn, or if I am not at home.

Yum!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: What's that I smell? - 08/30/06 02:43 AM
I bet it's good My wife bought me one of these at K-mart for our bar Nostalgia Popcorn Maker and it tastes better than the theatre.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: What's that I smell? - 08/30/06 03:31 AM
Nick, do you mind saying what you payed for the unit. We have been thinking about getting on also...Randy
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What's that I smell? - 08/30/06 03:48 AM
If you check ebay and limit your search to 50 miles from Des Moines (this is for Randy) you will find some in Ames, Navada, and Des Moines. I got it from the one in Des Moines for a killer price. It has one small "dent" in part of the trim which helped a lot with the price, but you can't see it right off without looking for it. I also talked them into including 2 cases (48 total) of the "tri-pack" popcorn/oil/seasoning packets. The machine already comes with 3 from the factory. It also included the scoop. All for $245 plus tax. Elsewhere online I was finding it for about $350 on up shipped to my door without the 2 cases of popcorn (about $11 a case), so I consider what amounts to a little more than 30% off (once you factor in tax for the local one, and shipping for the others) for the next closest price a good deal.

The same place has a Theater Pop 4 with the classic red colors for $245 on eBay right now. They will sell it direct to you for $265. it was in two trade shows, but not for use, just on display, so it is unused. I am sure that you could get them to lower their price too. That one came with 1 case of popcorn without even asking. It is the exact same "guts" and size as what I got, just a different color combo.
© Axiom Message Boards