Axiom Home Page
http://www.yaleshmale.com/
I think that you could put just about any US president's picture on that site and a good chuckle.

Ya know, there is a difference between "smart" and "intelligent" just like there is a difference between "dumb" and "stupid". I would rather be intelligent than smart and dumb and not stupid.

Smart means you have that "Ivy League" knowledge maybe (book smart) but intelligent means that you know how to actually use the information that you have. Dumb means that you don't have the knowledge on a subject, but stupid means that you are not capable of having the knowledge.

Either way, even though I generally support Bush's policies and think that other parties need to get their agenda's off of "getting rid of Bush" and getting back to building a better America (gee, shouldn't ALL political parties be focusing on that. I doubt that any are solidly doing so.), I can still laugh at an small stroke of ingenuity.

Kind of like those Mac TV commercials. I have Mac tech support experience in my background, but made a career in the Windows world. I personally don't care for the Mac (no slam there to any Mac fans) but think that it has its very valuable uses. Just for other people. Anyway, I love those Mac commercials. Not always EXACTLY truthful, but entertaining and memorable nonetheless.
Nick, the problem is that the left side does not have a plan, they just try to use any method to gain politcal advantage, even if it is unethical.
Nick, the Federal Canadian Government is famous for working months and months without getting a thing done.
Shawn, I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to Ontario. Especially close to Axiom.

Man, my stress would drop a lot and I'd catch more fish.
Quote:

Shawn, I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to Ontario.

Start by trying to talk your wife into doing smaller things.

No, I don't mean that.
Quote:

Start by trying to talk your wife into doing smaller things.

Hey, I'm only 5'6" !!
Yep and Peter is almost 7ft.
We should be calling him Stretchbuko. Hey, I like the sound of that. It sounds like a Ukrainian politicians name if you say it fast.
Craig, thanks for posting the link to the funny web site, and for the warning on politics. I'm too new around here to have seen the political thread wars of 2004, but I've heard of their legend through PMs.

I'm currently reading Bush on the Couch, a psychological profile and analysis of the President. It is fascinating and seems to be well-grounded in psychiatric theory, making it all the scarier to realize that someone so ill-equipped to be President has been elected. Twice.

And since I can't leave well enough alone:

Quote:

the problem is that the left side does not have a plan, they just try to use any method to gain politcal [sic] advantage, even if it is unethical.

And that politicking makes them different than the right how? The right/Republican Party has done plenty of unsavory things, from race-baiting to fear-mongering.

The more I learn about Washington and politics in general, the more fed up I get. All this partisan BS in this two-party system seems so ridiculous. Neither party seems to be effectively representing middle America. I really hate voting for the lesser of two evils every four years.
Quote:

Neither party seems to be effectively representing middle America. I really hate voting for the lesser of two evils every four years.

I normally avoid political commentary on an audio forum like the plague, but I must say the above quoted statements reflect precisely how I feel. Just my opinion. YMMV.
I guess I don't recall saying that I agree with the right side either. I like when people make assumptions.
What Jack and Randy said!
Ajax said:
Quote:

I normally avoid political commentary on an audio forum like the plague

More proof that you are wiser than me! Or at least have more self-restraint.

Quote:

... but I must say the above quoted statements reflect precisely how I feel.

Thanks for the kind words!

sirquack said:
Quote:

I guess I don't recall saying that I agree with the right side either. I like when people make assumptions.

You mean like when you assumed I was talking about you?

In fact, what I was doing was pointing out how the Republican party has its hands as dirty as the Democrats'. I didn't place any label on you any more than you did on yourself.
Quote:

I think that other parties need to get their agenda's off of "getting rid of Bush" and getting back to building a better America (gee, shouldn't ALL political parties be focusing on that. I doubt that any are solidly doing so

That's not gonna happen if the Democrats take the House back this fall.
I guess that is what happens when you quote someone, assumptions are made, but who am I to debate a Dr.
Quote:

who am I to debate a Dr.

Does this mean that if I tell you to get some M80's then wid will finally get his wish?
Ok, you got me, I"m starting to believe I really need 80's.
It's about darn time Randy.

The link seems to be behaving differently now. Wonder if the Lakehead U server room got hit by one of those smart bombs we see on TV ?
Very interesting. Just the other day they vowed that they were not going to remove George's picture. Perhaps the political heat got too much for them to stand. ...wimps

Regardless of the politics involved it was funny.
Quote:

Perhaps the political heat got too much for them to stand. ...wimps

Totally! They caved, alright.

Now all of my friends will be asking themselves why I sent them an email with a boring web link ...
Quote:

Does this mean that if I tell you to get some M80's then wid will finally get his wish?

About time someone else tells him

BTW this was the best part of the whole tread.
I'm now taking bets as to whether he gets those 80s after all ...
© Axiom Message Boards