Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dllewel Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 12:07 AM
That time is drawing near, I hope everyone enjoying themselves.

Please share what will be (or was) the first audio (music or movie) to play on your speakers for 2007...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 03:35 AM
Wishing all a safe, sane new year's eve, and a prosperous, peaceful, and happy new year.

Hey Larry. Is that concise enough for you?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 03:47 AM
Happy New Year, Dave, and to all. Since one of the highlights of New Years day(besides all the football games)is the New Years Day Concert from Vienna on PBS, featuring mainly music of the Strausses, I'll fire up something similar in celebration, most likely this delightful collection of Strauss Waltzes and Polkas with Ormandy.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 03:58 AM
Happy New Years to everyone! 2 hours left here in Iowa. Just enjoying a few movies on the monster screen.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 04:02 AM
Happy New Year everyone! Have fun and stay safe tonight.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 04:07 AM
A gregarious new year to all! We can all use more regular people in our lives. Or is that more people in our lives, regularly? Well, in any case, may this (next) year be filled with fine family, friends, food, and fermented beverages.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 04:13 AM
Hoppy gnu yarrrrr!
Posted By: LT61 Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 04:44 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!.....to ALL!

Jack, yes,....and then some.

Larry
Posted By: dllewel Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 08:22 AM
Okay, it's past official time here in Utah- Happy New Year!!! Haven't used the Axioms yet, was over at families doing karaoke. Glad it wasn't on the Axioms for the same reason as Alan mentioned in Nick's thread about the drum kit. Lots of spikes and feedback when 4 and 5 year olds get on the mics.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 04:17 PM
LOL! Dave, when reading your post with my eyes only moderately connected to my brain, I thought you said "was over at families doing karate." Until I reread it with my eyes and brain properly connected, I was thinking "now that's a novel way to bring in the new year."
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 04:31 PM
Another "Happy New Year" from Iowa! The last thing that went through my speakers in 2006 was some alternative rock music from a group most people probably haven't heard of here. I was banging on my new Roland TD-6SXT drum set (through my new amp) until about 11:45 while my family/in-laws were here playing foosball, pinball, and my M.A.M.E. arcade. Then we watched the ball drop (recorded on DVR of course), and kept going until about 3AM. Nothing too exciting, but we will be watching something today in the home theater, so I'll report back (with less boring detail) later.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 05:17 PM
Happy New Year to everyone.

I worked yesterday so I could watch new DVDs today!
Posted By: dllewel Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 05:22 PM
Wow Jack, great idea. I guess a possible new years resolution will be to learn karate- and ring in the new year "proper".
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 05:26 PM
Stevie, my 3 year-old son, and I were home alone yesterday. We had a guys night and rented a few movies. We watched Cars together before his bedtime. Then when he was sound asleep, I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest, which spilled over into the new year. It really gave the new EP500 a workout. Today, I'm listening to my "4 stars or better" playlist on my iPod connected to the stereo while I clean the house in preparation for my wife and daughter returning from California. Music just sounds so much better when it's loud.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 06:09 PM
I spent my evening trying to overclock my PC. It apparently failed around 2 AM, so it's back to the drawing board.

We have quiet New Years out here. I mean, other than all the illegal fireworks going off outside...
Posted By: dllewel Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 06:15 PM
Sounds like you had a great evening Peter, and I'm sure Stevie did as well.

Ken, were those fireworks you were hearing- or your processor popping and frying?
Posted By: CV Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/01/07 11:37 PM
"Ne Me Quitte Pas" by Regina Spektor! That's the first song I played on my Axioms, anyway. When I took my shower this morning, I threw in one of my mixed CDs and put it on random. The first song was "Whispers in Blindness" by Ace of Base. I admit it. I still listen to them once in a while.
Posted By: duckman Re: Happy New Year 2007! - 01/02/07 03:48 AM
First thing on the axioms in the garage this year was Joyce Cooling- East side, had the ipod on shuffle- jazz.
First thing on the HT was Charmed- the legend of sleepy halliwell.
Sighned up for pandora today- what a beautiful thing. I'm already thinking about some m3's for the pc and maybe a squeezbox.
© Axiom Message Boards