Axiom Home Page
OK Peeps. I've been feeling a bit left out ever since coming to these forums. I am a 30 something guy who just doesn't care for beer or wine, so I can't really participate in either of the two largest threads on the Axiom forums, so I thought it only right to start a "non-alcoholic drink" thread here for others, both under-aged, or adults that just like something without the booze buzz.

So when you aren't throwing one back, or sipping on your wine, what are you drinking?

I am a big fan of Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and a good tart lemonade. Better yet is when one of these is either so cold that it is a bit slushy, or just a full slush product on a hot day.

What about you?
I'm not really a pop drinker, but there are times when a nice, crisp gingerale takes the cake - Canada Dry being the classic choice up in these parts. Or the small-vendor Muskoka Dry Gingerale that comes in tall green bottles still.

A rootbeer float says 'it's your birthday' to me in one small sip - bliss!
I think that Coke rules! Although I don't mind Pepsi.

I think that Diet Pepsi, however, tastes better than Diet Coke, which is an abomination on the soda world. Diet Dr. Pepper tastes better still, and a good diet root beer (Like IBC) is not too shabby. The non-colas seem to do a better job of mimicking the taste of their sugared counterparts.

Sometimes I like to save some carbs by mixing Pepsi and diet Pepsi (or Coke and Diet Coke) in the same glass. I guess this was the philosophy behind Pepsi Edge and Coke C2, each of which seems to have died a quiet death. I especially liked C2, which was barely distinguishable from real Coke. I also miss its cool TV ads using Queen's "I Want to Break Free".

At least I still have Pepsi One. My wife says that they call it that because I am the One person who likes it.

Red sodas can be pretty cool, like Cheerwine, or if you are lucky enough to live in the Southeast, Budwine. Do they even make Budwine anymore?

Cool thread!
Coke. I don't drink Pepsi if I can avoid it. Definitely don't drink Diet--bleurgh...

I do like a good root beer, though! Currently my favorite is IBC. The superpremium stuff usually doesn't do it for me.

Reed's Raspberry Ginger Brew is also very tasty.
Quote:

I think that Diet Pepsi, however, tastes better than Diet Coke, which is an abomination on the soda world.

Diet Coke is my staple! Out of all diet pops, it's remains my favorite although it doesn't taste at all like regular Coke. In fact, it doesn't even taste like cola! However, as much as I like it's odd taste, I'll admit it's super nasty in mixed drinks. Blecch! As for Diet Pepsi, it tastes good, but it goes flat really fast.
Chocolate Milk.
Quote:

At least I still have Pepsi One. My wife says that they call it that because I am the One person who likes it.

LOL , that's funny.

My wife used to say the same thing to me regarding diet vanilla pepsi. It seemed as if I must have been the only one who liked it, considering the jack bunnies stopped making it.

I do like having a nice ice cold beer for dinner, or if I'm entertaining, but other then that I pretty stick with with diet pepsi, diet coke, diet dr pepper, or a good ol' root beer.

I used to love mr. pib, but the don't sell it here where I live. I'd have to drive up to KC to purchase it. Funny things is, there's one and only one, restaurant here that does serve mr. pib. I don't know what it is, but for some odd reason I find mr. pib to taste a little better then dr. pepper.
Quote:

As for Diet Pepsi, it tastes good, but it goes flat really fast.

That's probably my biggest complaint about diet pepsi, it does go flat pretty darn quick. There's no fooling around with diet pepsi. One has to drink it pretty fast, or it isn't going to taste good for very long.
I'm not much of a pop drinker but when I do indulge give me some red cream soda. That is my favorite pop made. I mostly drink seltzer water with a twist of lime or lemon.
>>but there are times when a nice, crisp gingerale takes the cake - Canada Dry being the classic choice up in these parts.>>

I concur 100%!!!!
I've never been able to drink any of the diet sodas, they have to much of a saccharin taste to me. I've always preferred Pepsi over Coke and I like Mug rootbeer even though the two liter bottles will always erupt when opened unless chilled first, gets my wife every time
I try to avoid high fructose corn syrup in all its forms.
When I drink "soft drinks",...I like Pepsi (regular, and cherry),...but, when I can find them, the soda's (oop's I'm up north again now)
I mean the pop, I really like are the "gourmet" varieties: Green River (lime drink) and, Dog n' Suds root beer. I have found them (after MUCH searching) around here, and also bought them on line when, I was in Florida.
In the time-honored tradition of the computer geek I am a Mountain Dew fan. I do like Coke Zero, it tastes much better than Diet Coke or Pepsi to me. I use that to mix Jack 'n' Cokes since the Jack already has a lot of sugar in it. I love the bottled "Mexican" Coke that uses sugar instead of HFCS for sweetener. I pop down to the neighborhood burrito stand for one occasionally, especially on a hot day. Nuthin' like super-cold Coke from a glass bottle on a 90-degree day.
Yup, the Mexican Coke (err, Coca-Cola) is great. My coworkers always look at me funny when I order it.
Growing up it was YooHoo. now its seltzer 99% of the time. though i will go for a diet coke or diet pepsi. but the caffiene in those will keep me up all night if i drink it to late in the day.
Jake
Quote:

though i will go for a diet coke or diet pepsi. but the caffiene in those will keep me up all night if i drink it to late in the day.
Jake

Isn't that the whole idea, though. j/k
My wife's great-grandfather started the Pepsi bottling works in Port Angeles, WA. Consequently, we dislike having to acknowledge the existence of that other brand.

Diet Pepsi directly from the can. That helps it keep its fizz longer, but I do agree that it goes flat pretty fast nowadays. They seem to have changed the formula several years ago, because this was NOT always the case.

A&W Root Beer. Still the best. I've been trying pretty hard to find one I like better.

Fresh lemonade or limeade with real C&H sugar.

Ice Tea, brewed not instant. Have the water at about 180F (below boiling) and only leave the teabags in for 3 minutes. No more. Sugar and lemon sometimes.

Kirkland Cranberry Juice (Costco) on the rocks. Vastly superior to Ocean Spray.
hey same here!, I used to drink it all the time until I got married at 28. My wife thinks it's a kid's drink, and since we dont have 'kids', she doesnt buy my Nestle Quick ... hehe
Dr. Brown's Black Cherry SODA
Mello Yello
Ruby Red Grapefruit juice.

Coke (original, non-diet) with lots of ice.

I find pretty much everything else to be too sweet (always have) so end up drinking a lot of water.

I assume "other than beer or wine" also excludes hard liquor ? We don't have a thread for that either
Quote:

Ruby Red Grapefruit juice.

Coke (original, non-diet) with lots of ice.

I find pretty much everything else to be too sweet (always have) so end up drinking a lot of water.

I assume "other than beer or wine" also excludes hard liquor ? We don't have a thread for that either

That reminds me, sparkling grapefruit juice from superstore....*garble sound that homer simpson makes*
Quote:

Ice Tea, brewed not instant. Have the water at about 180F (below boiling) and only leave the teabags in for 3 minutes. No more. Sugar and lemon sometimes.

Tom, thanks for the info. (I mean it, really! ) I have a hard time brewing iced tea. I've tried making sun tea before or even brewing it in the fridge with tea bags soaking in a pitcher, but it always ends up too bitter and strong. I'm going to have to try your method. BTW, what brand of tea bags do you use?

Oh, and A&W rootbeer is awesome...especially from the tap at the restaurants! However, the diet version is terrible. It seriously tastes like Pepto Bismol to me!
When in weight loss mode Diet Pepsi or Coke zero preferbly caffiene free, otherwise Classic Coke is preffered. There is a specialty one, I can't remember the name(anyone?), but they make a pop that tastes like an orange creamsicle - when ice cold its awesome on a hot day.
Quote:

There is a specialty one, I can't remember the name(anyone?), but they make a pop that tastes like an orange creamsicle - when ice cold its awesome on a hot day.

I bet you're talking about Stewart's Orange 'n' Cream. I like it also, as well as their others ...
Tom, you are correct - A&W Root Beer (especially on tap) is the best.

But my all time favorite is the Orange & Cream from Stewart's Fountain Classics. (Tastes just like an Orange Creamsicle.)

Had my first one at a Cracker Barrel in Lakekand Florida.
I know EXACTLY what you mean, Mary (about both the tea and the diet A&W).

I can't take full credit for the science behind the tea thing. It's mostly stolen from Cook's Illustrated, but it made a huge difference for me. The keys are to NOT have the tea in contact with the water for very long and to not have the water too hot.

Here's what I do:

Start a quart or so of water in your teakettle.

Get out 10 Lipton teabags. Tie the strings together (I do two batches of five and then tie those two batches together). Strip off the little paper tags on the end of the strings.

Throw the teabags into the bottom of a ~ half-gallon glass pitcher.

Listen to your teakettle. Don't let it boil. Just BEFORE it's going to boil, pull it off the heat.

Dump the hot water onto the tabags.

Set a timer for three minutes and start it.

When the timer beeps, immediately pull the teabags from the pitcher.

If you like sweet tea, this is a good time to add sugar. Fill the rest of the pitcher up with nice, cold filtered water or ice.

Relax on your verandah.
Great minds think alike! In the time that you were Googling "creamsicle", I was posting!
Tom's tea sounds a lot like the tea my Dad makes, except that Dad takes advantage of the inverse relationship between the number of tea bags and the time that they brew:

(amount of tea in bags)(time brewed)/(amount of water) = strength of tea

[figured you gearheads would appreciate that one. You know who you are]

Anyway, Dad uses 4 tea bags and then brews them for 15-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Our sugar preference is 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar per half gallon. The wife likes 1/2 cup, and restaurant tea in the South is more like 1 cup ...

Another product I like is Honest Tea, especially the honey green tea. No HFCS there, to be sure. Good stuff.
Coka Cola, all the way. Acquired the taste in Viet Nam when I'd drink a six pack a day.........................................even if it was warm. Hey! It was hot, and it was difficult to find ice in the boonies. Years ago I migrated to Caffeine Free Coca Cola Classic. But, not long ago, I became hooked on this.

In Fact, I'm drinking some right now.
Tom you can also buy lipton teabags that will do a gallon in one shot. they have them at Sam's Club ( i know you dont shop there) but you could probably get them from somewhere else.actually you can get them here
Diet Dr Pepper is my soft drink of choice, Diet Coke would be my second choice, I never did acquire much of a taste for Diet Pepsi (sorry Tom!). Whenever I drink a 'regular' soft drink they seem to taste like thick syrup....yuck.

Sweet tea done to perfection (a rarity) along with good 'ol southern cooking is a combination that simply cannot be beat for me!
Good thinking, Jake. Thanks.

We usually have several hundred Lipton bags laying around from having bought them at Costco for some damn event or another. It's not that I have a great preference for the Lipton tea or anything; I just found a satisfying way to use it up.

I'm going to look for those bigger bags, though.
Coke Cherry Zero.
Quote:

Quote:

There is a specialty one, I can't remember the name(anyone?), but they make a pop that tastes like an orange creamsicle - when ice cold its awesome on a hot day.

I bet you're talking about Stewart's Orange 'n' Cream. I like it also, as well as their others ...

That's it! and yes their other flavors are very good as well. The lime is quite refreshing too.
I grew up drinking Apple Beer and wished grocery stores still carried it.
I might just order a case.
For the most part now days I stick with Coke from Mexico and the occasional Frostie Root Beer which is also hard to find these days.
For pop, it's 7-Up, but on Coke vs Pepsi it's regular Coke. Coffee vs tea, it's always tea(with lime juice and sugar). Juices are orange, pineapple and tomato.
Diet Pepsi. 4 or 5 a day, easy.
Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Awesome. Really long name, too.
I just enjoyed a nice slush today with my lunch. I went to our local Quick Trip gas station (1 block away) and mixed up a 32 oz treat of about 50% lemonade slush and 50% black cherry slush... Stir and enjoy! Yum! And for only $1.05!
The best "fountain mixer" that I've had is available only at IKEA. 50% Mountain Dew and 50% lingonberry drink. Yummy!
IKEA - Swedish for soda (pop)????
I just thought I would add.......if anyone is interested in "gourmet", or rare pop/soda..........there is a company on line at: www.sodapopstop.com

They have a large selection of somewhat hard to find drinks.
Not only, do they have the Green River, and Dog N' Suds root beer I like.....they have imports too.

The only slight down side are the shipping costs, but for some this may be the only way for that "blast from the past", or something new, to try.
As TV's Columbo used to say, "uh, there's just one more thing".
I can understand the five stars, but.....................
How did this thread get 17,591 views, already?
We tried a mixed six pack of this soda the other night and really enjoyed it. Jones Soda
Yep, those Jones Sodas are pretty good, but their Orange & Cream isn't up to Stewarts.
Non alcoholic?
Ok, Virgin daquiri, virgin caesar, virgin margarita...
Yesterday, I took my almost 13-year old daughter and a couple friends to the local Burger King. They convinced me to make a suicide (which I hadn't had since I was about 14)... I left out the tea and diet pops, but the thing did have a peculiarly enticing taste to it. Maybe it was just different that was appealing...
Vanilla Coke…..Two parts coke, one part vanilla vodka.

I’m sorta partial to Red bull too. But that’s with Crown.

Oh never mind, I can’t drink Pop without a mixer. That’s just weird. I’m gong back to the wine and booze threads…..

Red Bull with vodka. Mmmmmmmm
Now, the # of views is: 28,049......I noticed, when you check who's online, (in addition to always seeing ken checking to see who's online) there is a constant viewing of this thread, in the anonymous part.

Either someone is "tampering" with the # of views, OR......
one of the guys from the beer, or wine thread, was reading our thread......and is passed out, with their face on the keyboard.
Red Bull with Captain Morgan or Bacardi.
My son had a present of some Jones' Sodas given to him near Thanksgiving.

Anyone tried the Turkey and Gravy soda?

How about Brussel Sprouts?

There was another...

Regardless, he actually tried them (as well as some of his friends) and the sodas upset their stomachs...What do you expect with flavors like that?

Almost as bad as the Harry Potter Any Flavor Jelly Beans...Dirt, booger, grass, etc...

Grape Nehi anyone?

Or how about this: Go to Braum's (Ice Cream Store in Texas and elsewhere) and order a "Cherry Lime Vanilla Dr. Pepper". Actually rather tasty.

WhatFurrer
Quote:

... Harry Potter Any Flavor Jelly Beans...Dirt, booger, grass, etc...

Ah, fond memories! I tried those and found it strange that the spaghetti one tasted like vomit. Until I tried the vomit one and stood corrected.
Now I've lost my appetite for the "What are you cooking tonight?" thread.... Thanks a lot!
Quote:

Grape Nehi anyone?
WhatFurrer

MMMMMMmmmmm
Grape Nehi
Quote:

Harry Potter Any Flavor Jelly Beans...Dirt, booger, grass, etc...

I think there was earthworm, too. I'm with J.P., thought the vomit was truly disgusting. Dirt, on the other hand, has everything one likes about dirt without all the grit. Not bad.

The booger was multi-layered--a little salt, a dash of mucous--very rewarding.

I'm telling you, though, anything tasted good after the vomit one. Jelly Belly nailed that one. I feel sorry for the testers.
Quote:

I'm telling you, though, anything tasted good after the vomit one. Jelly Belly nailed that one.

A little trivia, Jelly Belly was actually trying to make a pizza Jelly Bean, it tasted so bad they decided to name it vomit.
I only know this because when we do our wine trip to Napa every year we always take the kids on the Jelly Belly factory tour in Fairfield.
Quote:

Jelly Belly was actually trying to make a pizza Jelly Bean, it tasted so bad they decided to name it vomit.

They must've had the new guy working on that one.
How'd we get on Jelly Bellies again? Non-Alcoholic beverages kids!
Yesterday, I took my family to TGI Fridays and my wife tried out a new slush drink that they have. It was Sprite mixed with a mixed berry blend. She really liked.
Quote:

How'd we get on Jelly Bellies again?

Well then let's bring it back on track.

This past holiday season we had a diet cola taste-off. Approx. 20 people blind taste tested five diet colas...here were the results.

1) Diet Rite
2) Diet Pepsi
3) Diet Coke
4) Store Brand
5) Tab

And the Diet Rite is caffeine free to boot!

The funniest part is that one guy who bought Tab all the time, HATED it when he did the blind taste test. His fridge was full of the stuff! (gotta love marketing!)

and yeah...we do weird stuff like this often.
Hey wait a second. That guy wasn't in Star Wars!
Here's one for you world travelers...

A friend of mine that has traveled alot told me about a (I believe) German soda beverage that he called "Spaetze".

The best equivalent here in the US is a 50 / 50 mix of Coke and Orange Crush (soda).

Anyone ever heard of it?

Try it the next time you have the above flavors at your disposal...it is really rather tasty.

Regards,

WhatFurrer
My kids are on a Strawberry-Lemonade kick currently.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........Green. ( Homerism )
That does look good, Larry, and Yellow 5 and Blue 1 are my favorite colorings. I'm sure that the 58,000 views here sure show those beer and wine guys what the real beverage of choice is.
Yeah, what's up with that view count? It seems to go up by one count every 10 seconds or so.

When will the madness stop?!?!

Quote:

Yeah, what's up with that view count? It seems to go up by one count every 10 seconds or so.

When will the madness stop?!?!

I'm guessing too much caffeine.

Gonna go get me a glass of water. . .
Nick, it won't stop until the entire population of the world has viewed this thread.
Quote:

it won't stop until the entire population of the world has viewed this thread.

At the rate it's going, my calculations say that in only 3,700 years, give or take a few years, the earths whole population will have viewed this thread.
That's all very well, Michael, but you haven't taken into account the fact that the rate will accelerate as more and more nations become aware of this; for example, Uganda has yet to check in.
LOL!
JohnK,

The thread count?.............I can't take credit for that.

You left out, the rest of the ingredients.....i.e: lime oil, etc,etc.

Green River: "Caffeine free....since 1919"
Yup, as you predicted the pace has picked up (5034 views/day to Mar. 11th to 9300 views in the last day). Unganda must have gotten the link. It won't be long now before the worlds population has come along for the read.
Quote:

... 9300 views in the last day ...

Well, that means that by the end of today, this will be the most viewed thread in all of Axiomdom.

The top three - as of the time I'm posting this:

#3: Pop (AKA Soda) thread ------------ 70,403 views
#2: What are you listening to thread --- 71,876 views
#1: Beer thread ----------------------- 72,631 views

Maybe that is the guy's goal is to make it the most viewed in the forum?
That's just strange. Somebody must be hitting it off of google or something.
Something is rotten in Denmark. If I sit on the "Water Cooler" main page and hit "refresh," each time, the thread count, for this thread only, goes up by one. Could the thread count be counting each and every visit to the water cooler as a hit on this thread?
As I have already said, in a previous post in THIS thread, look at (or near) the top of anonymous...in "who's online" and there is the:
"pop(aka soda...title",.......ALL THE TIME.

I don't know how "they" are doing it, but...sheeesh, some of you guys write posts, a whole lot better than you read them.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Maybe people are looking for Pop music, or somesuch. Hopefully they'll enjoy our witty banter. Welcome, anonymous netizens!
Quote:

...sheeesh, some of you guys write posts, a whole lot better than you read them.

Many posts are not worth reading, and are regularly skipped.
Well, I was here right when this thread's view count tied the #1 thread. Too funny....

Doc, that's possible, since I've heard that pop music is in fact referred to as soda music in some parts of the world.
And in the South, where I came from, everything's referred to as "Coke music", no matter what type of music you really want. Example:

Bubba: Hey, Leroy, fetch me a Coke!
Leroy: What kind?
Bubba: Mountain Dew!
Nothing like eating 17.8 million pounds of certified color additives to give your nads a nice shrinking.

Here's to Pop! Err...soda! ....coke?
Quote:

Nothing like eating 17.8 million pounds of certified color additives to give your nads a nice shrinking.

Here's to Pop! Err...soda! ....coke?

I only consume a maximum of 2 Diet Cokes a day. However, I still decided that when it comes my time to exit this world, it will probably be related to caramel color or aspartame which are the 2nd and 3rd ingredients in Diet Coke. That stuff has *got* to be bad for you...yet I still drink it.
I still think there is something really fishy about the view count on this thread.
Quote:

I still think there is something really fishy about the view count on this thread.

Only those with the server logs can know for sure. That, and the perpetrator himself!
AH HA! So you ADMIT the existence of a perpetrator!
popetrator?
dopetrator?
I had some Dr. Pepper today with a squirt of vanilla, a squirt of cherry, and a blast of Mt. Dew.... Interesting taste...
You're brave. I tend to avoid beverages that have been squirted in.
I just looked at the "who's online", and the perpetual (AKA Soda thread) viewer, in the "anonymous section" is GONE!
Looks like the perp. is satisfied with 84,525 views.
Last night the family and I went to our local A&W. I had some of their root beer on tap. Yummy! Not quite as good as the 1919 root beer that my parent's have on tap in their "50's Room" at their house, but still good. Way better than in a can.
(Note: Ignore the subject line...)

Reviving the ol' thread since it was almost forgotted until mentioned in the "cracker" thread...

My source for my lemonade/cherry slush mix went and pulled out the lemonade slush (idiots) and replaced it with something that tastes like prozen potpourri... Yuck... Now I am mixing the black cherry slush and blue raspberry ICEE... Not bad...
Subject Line Fixed...
Revisting this thread, my new favorite diet soda is Coke Zero
The Seattle Seahawks (Qwest Field) soft drink vendor is now Jones Soda.

Bottles only.

I'm not keen on the odd flavors, but the cane cola is fine. Lots of folks going ga-ga in my area over soda made in Mexico lately because of the cane sugar instead of high fructose corn sweetener. The Jones Diet cola is almost not drinkable.
I love Mexican Coke. Although not much beats a nice cold can of American Coke. Mm... gotta love that aluminum flavor!
I like some of the Jones Soda flavors, but in some cases, it seems like they try to find the oddest combination of flavors and mix them together just to have something new...
Reviving the non-boozer thread... LOL

I've been drinking a lot of water lately. It has taken my body a bit of time to adjust to the lack of caffine, but that and a slight change in my diet and I am down 10 pounds after a few weeks. Water - The best for you, no calorie drink in the world...

(I miss Pepsi....)
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Reviving the non-boozer thread... LOL

I've been drinking a lot of water lately. It has taken my body a bit of time to adjust to the lack of caffine, but that and a slight change in my diet and I am down 10 pounds after a few weeks. Water - The best for you, no calorie drink in the world...

(I miss Pepsi....)

Nick, that's awesome! I think I alluded to it earlier in this thread, but I'm mainly a water guy now, too. Stick with it and you won't miss Pepsi at all--your body will stop craving all that sugar and caffeine.
I drink two cups of decaf a day. And lots of water. Since I started this regimen and working out every day, I've gained 10 pounds \:\( .
But have you cut out simple carbohydrates, ie strachy foods and of course ALL sugars.
once I did that I dropped 10lbs in 5 weeks.
I've been watching what I eat as well. I've gone from about 3800 calories a day down to about 1800 with the occasional 2200 when I feel like having a treat. Of course, those 1800 calories are better foods too including fish (which is not one of my favorite foods), and I make my own lunches and such. It really isn't too hard. I am a little low on energy, but I hear that is normal for a little while. Now if I could just get some cardio in...

But that is all off-topic.
I cut that stuff out a week ago and now I feel like crap. I guess it will take some time for my body to adjust.
I drink mostly water, too, but on occasion I really enjoy a root beer.

My diet still isn't ideal, but I always try to get some vegetables, which I never used to do. Overall I'm happy with the small improvements I'm seeing in my body, but even though I'm getting more toned, I'm feeling clumsier. What's that about?
Nick you are on the basic 2000 calorie diet, which is about all anyone needs. If you were to drop that to 1500 and use 2000 as the absolute top you would find the fat drop right off.

At my size and metabolism I need about 2500 calories/day to stay even and am allowed to go to 3000 occasionally. When I was actually trying to lose weight and doing my workouts, I was told no more than 2500 a day and I tried to stay at 2000. I felt dead tired all the time, I was told to increase my carb intake marginally about 100-200 cal/day to see if that helped and it did - alot! I added a handfull of raisins to my morning oatmeal or something similar to help give me some much needed fuel before my morning runs/workouts, I always followed the runs/workouts with some form of protien as well, egg whites usually or a protien shake if I was rushed. I like to eat my food not drink it, so I am not big on protien shakes. And as you all have figured out, water is your best friend.
I was reading that an "inactive" man should target 13 calories per pound of weight to maintain where they are at. An "active" man should target 15 calories per pound. Now, I know that those are just estimates, but it is interesting to see how much someone can actually eat an not gain weight. Of course this assumes they aren't eating a ton of salt or other water retaining substance, and probably dozens of other factors, but it is interesting.

I am 6'1", and according to the BMI thing, I should weigh between 144-189. Holy crap! I've got a ways to go. I weigh 30 pounds more than a guy that I work with who is 10 years younger than me, but he looks in worse shape than I do.

Well, time for some good breakfast and more water...
I gave up my (diet only) soda for water for three weeks as my wife said weight will just fall off......

I gained five pounds....
You might want to have your water checked.
Time to add acrobatics into the bedroom routine.
Mark, I can write you a prescription for sex daily, let's see if your wife will let you fill it.

ba DOMP psht
Back to soft drinks...

I drink about 2L of Pepsi a day in the winter... 3L a day in the summer... besides that, during periods of activity I also quaff Gator- or Powerade.

I should be diabetic in 3... 2... 1...

Bren R.
He's back!
I'd hate to meet you on the day that Pepsi disappears from the Earth.
Do you think he'll get all Coked up?
I used to drink a lot of Coke. When I was in Viet Nam (1970). I drank a six pack, hot or cold, per day. That habit carried on for years, although, at some point I switched to Caffeine free Coca Cola Classic. In the last year, I've switched to green tea. I still drink an 8 ounce glass of CFCCC nearly every day, but casual drinking (non-alcoholic, now) is the tea.
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
I drink two cups of decaf a day. And lots of water. Since I started this regimen and working out every day, I've gained 10 pounds \:\( .

From what I've seen/read/been told, when you first start working out you will usually gain a little weight and then start to drop...new muscle growth and such..keep it up and be patient.

I started working out in November, gained a couple and have since dropped 25 lbs and 3 inches on the waist. My sister in law who is a naturalpathic doctor has a wicked bmi type computer/device and at Christmas/New Years I had gained 3lbs of lean muscle. To date, I've lost 25 lbs but have put on roughly 7lbs of lean muscle...
Lets see at roughly 41 grams of sugar per 350ml
Thats 231 grams of sugar per day and 347 grams in the Summer !!!
That's three quarters of a one pound bag of sugar, per day!

I looked up the contents as I was going to make a joke but that's not even funny.

Dude!!!
 Originally Posted By: Ajax
I used to drink a lot of Coke. When I was in Viet Nam (1970). I drank a six pack, hot or cold, per day.

Jack, just thinking about that makes my teeth hurt.
Well, I'm kind of back... been busy with a lot around here... (work, baseball, shooting) find it hard to keep up with the messages... but I do read up when I get a chance...

Bren R.
Keep up, read up.... Are you sure you're doing normal shooting and not shooting up?
Hey Bren,
I'm not gun enthusiast at all but I got to fire a couple of rounds from a Grizzly Winmag on the weekend. (I think that was the correct name.) I'm comfortable with shotguns and large rifles but I had never fired a handgun before. Starting with a .45 was a hell of an experience.
Baseball in show shoes?
I was at a restaurant today and asked for a Cherry Coke. They didn't have it but offered to make me one. I figured, ok, Coke plus grenadine... Nope.
It was about 70% regular Coke, 20% diet Coke, and 10% Mr. Pibb.

Tasted just like Cherry Coke. Strange...
Funny enough, I could've sworn I saw you in a restaurant in New York today. Guy looked just like you!
the best tasting (for me) soda i had was at the time i was living in Europe, and when in Montreal also (but harder to find in this last city) was the italian Brio, a cola.

can't find it in the small city i live in now, too bad.

anyone else likes it?
Mark!!! What?!!?! I *am* in New York (state, not city)... I am here for work...

I had pizza last night in Yonkers, lunch and dinner today in White Plains...
I'm teasing. I saw your "lunch report" on FaceBook. smile

I know that area pretty well; it's where my parents are from!
I was wondering. Yea, I have a few FB friends like like getting reports of places to eat when I travel...
Couldn't let this thread get to be 2 years between last posts....

I was at a mall out of town a month or so ago and I came across a candy shop that was selling unique and "old style" (not the beer) candy.

They also had a lot of soda. I didn't get any because their prices were stupid, but I did see this one. This isn't my photo, but I did take a picture of it. It was faster to google it than to find my photo on my phone, email it to myself, upload it to the web, and link it.

Nice thread revival!

I haven't drank any pop in years, but recently tasted a couple things thanks to my kids.

Throwback Pepsi. Cane sugar. Oh. My. God. I had forgotten just how amazing my life could be. SO much better than the new normal.

Faygo Root Beer. Absolutely delicious.
I have also really enjoyed the Throwback line of Pepsi products (Pepsi and Mountain Dew). So much lighter, fresher, better. The citrus flavor of Mountain Dew was much improved. The current HFCS versions' syrupy nature is much more pronounced in contrast.

Same deal with Mexican Coke and Sprite.

All hail the Pop thread!
Originally Posted By: medic8r
I have also really enjoyed the Throwback line of Pepsi products (Pepsi and Mountain Dew). So much lighter, fresher, better. The citrus flavor of Mountain Dew was much improved. The current HFCS versions' syrupy nature is much more pronounced in contrast.

Same deal with Mexican Coke and Sprite.

All hail the Pop thread!

You dare to pollute your liquid sugar with flavour? Heretic!!
Had some organic sasparilla soda a while back, so much better than the shite you normally get these days.
Originally Posted By: J. B.
the best tasting (for me) soda i had was at the time i was living in Europe, and when in Montreal also (but harder to find in this last city) was the italian Brio, a cola.

anyone else likes it?

I like it, JB. Look in a local pizzaria, I find many of them sell it. It's actually pretty common in Ontario, even in the supermarkets.
Kofola is one of my favorites need to get a 2 liter.
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Originally Posted By: J. B.

anyone else likes it?

I like it, JB. Look in a local pizzaria, I find many of them sell it. It's actually pretty common in Ontario, even in the supermarkets.

Brio is the brand, Chinotto is the drink. (like Pepsi and Cola). Brio is made in (or at least distributed out of) Montreal (so Google says).

Very good with a veal sandwich.

I don't know about availability in Quebec, but in Ontario, Sobeys and Zellers both carry a chinotto made by San Pellegrino in Italy. San Pellegrino's mineral water is nice and they make other soft drinks with it. Try the Aranciatta if you find it - orange, but refreshing, not sweet.

A few years ago (okay, maybe 20), I ordered a rye and coke in a cafe on St Clair West in Toronto. It tasted odd so I questioned it. Oops, we opened a can of Brio by mistake, no charge sir. I paid for the next three or four...
So I have been hooked on Pepsi Throwback lately. My wife keeps drinking diet Cherry Pepsi, but I can't stand the artificial sweeteners. By "can't stand" not only do taste it in ANYTHING that has it and hate the aftertaste, but I actually get sick to my stomach from it.

Unfortunately for her, whenever we are out for a meal, it is always diet Coke, which she doesn't really like the flavor of. I did hear of something that helps though. Diet Coke plus a "hit" of Dr. Pepper makes it taste a lot like non-diet Cherry Coke. I've never tried it, but my wife agrees that it works.

Now, I don't drink pop much at all any more, which is better than anything (drinking mostly water), but sometimes I just need that ice cold pop.

Anything interesting Pop/Soda wise that people have tried lately?
Pepsi is literally flavored with Aborted Fetus for flavoring.

Source among many others: http://www.naturalnews.com/035276_Pepsi_fetal_cells_business_operations.html

Also their is Aspartame for Sweetener which is Bacteria Fecal Matter.

Don't be Ignorant
Not sure if this qualifies, but delicious. Nice little summer patio beer pop thing.

I've tried the addition of a small part of Dr. Pepper to a diet soda (both Coke and Pepsi) to make it taste like Dr. Pepper.

Other random tidbits:

- I had a can of Diet Pepsi this afternoon.

- I keep Coke Zero in the house as my usual nightly soda.

- I was bummed when the Costco food court changed from Coke to Pepsi.

- Our Costco now carries Mexican Sprite (cane sugar!) as well as Mexican Coke. I think they're down to about $17 or so for a case of the 12 oz bottles.

- I enjoy the Coca-Cola Freestyle fountains where available.

The reason that Coke Zero has no calories is because the human body sees it as poison and as such evacuates it from your system accordingly, hence you get Zero Calories....Enjoy
Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuy
Pepsi is literally flavored with Aborted Fetus for flavoring.

Don't be Ignorant

I had to laugh at your post with a bemused admiration. I guess if you're gonna hate, at least hate with gusto and, whether intended or not, humor.

If you had read the whole article, you'd have seen this section:

"To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi's flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports -- it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings."

Don't be ignorant, indeed.

Hey, did you know, there are millions of bacteria pooping in your mouth right this second?! They're having sex, swapping DNA, all that stuff.
Hey, did you know, there are millions of bacteria pooping in your mouth right this second?! They're having sex, swapping DNA, all that stuff.

What do you know though? Are you a doctor? grin
I don't know, but I'll bet CV plays one on Negative Orange TV!
Yes this bacteria is also known as Probiotics you should look it up, because when you use antibiotics your prone to increased infection.

Here's what you conveniently left out in the following paragraph:

"But the fact that Pepsi uses them at all when viable, non-human alternatives are available illustrates the company's blatant disregard for ethical and moral concerns in the matter."

"Back in January, Oklahoma Senator Ralph Shortey proposed legislation to ban the production of aborted fetal cell-derived flavor chemicals in his home state. If passed, S.B. 1418 would also reportedly ban the sale of any products that contain flavor chemicals derived from human fetal tissue, which includes Pepsi products as well as products produced by Kraft and Nestle"

Enjoy supporting a company that uses Fetal Cells to find the perfect flavoring. As factually stated before that Pepsi uses fetal cells as flavoring which they clearly did to come to that flavor.

Don't be Ignorant and naive

- I enjoy the Coca-Cola Freestyle fountains where available.

The problem with these is the learning curve for a lot of people. You know what you want... Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, but the guy in front of you is still trying to figure out why he is getting ice and not his Coke when he pushes his cup in. Then you tell him, you need to select Coke from the screen, oh now do you want cherry coke, vanilla coke, cherry vanilla coke, lime coke, etc and while he debates, he wants to go see what other choices are out there. After 5 minutes, he knows what he wants. Plain ol' Coke, pushes the cup in, and more ice... "No sir, you need to hold or set the cup there and push the button until the cup is full."

At least a few places around here are smart enough to have more than 1 machine.
Mountain Dew - Bromine
Diet Pop - Aspartame ==yuck - formaldehyde
subway bread - azodicarbonamide == yoga matts and I hate exercise

Amazing we live as long as we do , what with all the crap we ingest never mind how toxic alcohol is and then we smoke.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/pepsi.asp

TAM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver

First place I headed to as well. Just the pro-lifers lookin for some support.
Didn't BigWyres say he was moving to Alaska.

I'm not falling for it. He is back after taking a few grammar lessons. The repetitious use of a closing, catch phrase was my first clue.
Amazing how America leads the World in Cancer....when we put poisons in our food and water.

ps: what does religion have to do with not wanting Poisons and Fetus Flavoring in my food & drinks not sure I follow just because I don't like killing people....hmmm
Don't make me send Justin Bieber after you!!!
We sent him to Florida, we'll send him up north too!!
So I see you follow Justin Bieber then huh?

Brilliant use of "No, you are" humour there.
I see that you can't have a meaningful discussion once logic gets the best of you...lol
Thus resorting to Ignorant insults how childish.

Classic Troll. ::Ignore User::
Correct you are Trolling Ignored lol
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Classic Troll. ::Ignore User::

I couldn't find the discard button WTF
Throwback Pepsi is excellent. I enjoy it very much.
"once logic gets the best of you"

Thank you!

I wasn't trying to be logical but it's pleasant to see you being nice for a change.

See what I did there? Almost as good as your "no you are..." I submit to your mastery though. I accused you of childish humour and somehow you turned that into me using childish humour. Logical indeed!

"Humour" is the Canadian spelling by the way. Sorry to have confused you.

This was fun. Seriously. Gotta run though. Enjoy the last word. Shall it be verified or should I just trust you?

Fun. Seriously!

LOL

Oh, the way that you block a user is you click on their username, go to their profile, and click "Ignore this user."
Bizarre.

Well, if nothing else, this place has really livened up over the past couple of days, unfortunately in a sadly negative way. IMO, this has been the most egregious example of trolling that I've witnessed here in quite some time.

We aren't accustomed to this nastiness & questionable motives at this site, so don't be surprised at the reaction here...

TAM
That's why everyone needs to get back to their roots and start drinking more Pop Shoppe pop to get that price down to something more reasonable!
Originally Posted By: nickbuol

LOL

Oh, the way that you block a user is you click on their username, go to their profile, and click "Ignore this user."

I was looking for the eliminate button grin
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Bizarre.

Well, if nothing else, this place has really livened up over the past couple of days, unfortunately in a sadly negative way. IMO, this has been the most egregious example of trolling that I've witnessed here in quite some time.

We aren't accustomed to this nastiness & questionable motives at this site, so don't be surprised at the reaction here...

TAM

we never progress past insinuation or insult ,we are after all friendly av enthusiast.
I quite like the cans too.

Mousse? Isn't that what you put on your hair to look like the Bieb?

EDIT: Boy I like editing today.

IHNH.
Originally Posted By: Ken.C

IHNH.

I'm horny need help?

Seriously, that's what came up on abbreviations.com
I am seriously liking the real sugar Pepsis right now. Vanilla and Cherry are my favorites. I have been drinking a LOT more water, but when I do have a "pop," these are what I prefer.
I haven't drank soda for so long that I didn't even realize some, other than Mexican, have real sugar in them.
Have any of you tried this?:

Manhattan Special Pure Espresso

I'm tempted to order some after a former classmate was saying how great it is.

It might be more cost-effective to just order a coffee drink at Starbucks carbonated, though:

Starbucks’ New Secret Off-Menu Drink Is Coffee Soda
Surge is back! I used to drink the hell out of that as a kid.
Originally Posted By: INANE
Surge is back! I used to drink the hell out of that as a kid.

I know I had my share of it, but I can't recall the taste with any clarity. My sister was excited to hear about it, though.
I can't drink sugar pop anymore so I'll be passing on Surge, was just a memory of years past. Maybe they'll make a diet version, probably not. laugh
I remember before one high school football game, a number of the starting line-up (including me) drank a can of Jolt Cola and ate a thing of Sprees candy (which is pretty much just sugar). Not only were we so hyped up on energy, but we were also shocked to learn what that much sugar and caffeine makes you do in the bathroom without much forewarning...

I assume that Surge in a citrus version of the same type of drink.
© Axiom Message Boards