Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV HDTV Tuners - 03/03/07 01:40 AM
Hey, I recently gave my old HDTV to my sister, and it doesn't have a built-in HD tuner. Do any of you know where she can get a good deal on one? I appreciate any leads you may have!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/03/07 03:02 AM
There are many Tuners out on the market now. Heck, Walmart had one the other day for $150 bucks, not a name brand, but I'm sure it would work. I think my Samsung cost me $200 bucks a few years ago.
Posted By: CV Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/03/07 03:45 AM
I thought I remembered mention of a $100 one at Radio Shack a long time ago, so I was hoping someone might have something in that price range, or even less by now, but yeah, $200 seems to be average. Thanks for the heads-up on Walmart.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/03/07 03:51 PM
Cable or OTA?
Posted By: CV Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/03/07 05:39 PM
Sorry, OTA.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/03/07 08:32 PM
Look here. AVSForum HDTV

Read down to this section: Over The Air DTV/HDTV

Several are listed.

I have an old VOOM SAT tuner that I used with my Sony HDTV monitor. It has a OTA tuner built in. It would tune the channels but you would not get any channel info on programming. You might find one out there somewhere.
Posted By: CV Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/04/07 01:56 AM
Thank you for that thread. I think they all might end up being out of her budget. She's on a very tight budget, so she may just have to live without high-def programming for now.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/04/07 08:16 AM
PM me.

I have a Voom Satellite reciever. No more Voom but it does work OTA. I tried it for a while w/ an OTA antenna.

You pay for shipping and it's yours.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: HDTV Tuners - 03/05/07 04:21 AM
Looks like CV got an offer for another Zoom.

It's still up for grabs, PM me if interested.
© Axiom Message Boards