Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chips War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 01:30 AM
I have bought and watched several movies on my system now, but I find War of the Worlds to be dark and grainy. Maybe it's pirated maybe the moview is low quality I dunno. I'm sure it's not my setting so don't bother, all other movies are great, never grainy.

Has anyone experienced this with this movie?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 01:40 AM
I think that is the way it was intended, it looks the same on every set I have seen it on.
Posted By: chips Re: War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 01:47 AM
why would anyone intend it grainy......maybe to make Tom Cruise more manly like
Posted By: SirQuack Re: War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 01:47 AM
I found it to be the same at the PorterPlex, however, I did find the audio experience to be pretty cool. Another Cruise movie "Minority Report" was the same way to me, just crappy video, all grainy.
Posted By: JohnK Re: War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 03:01 AM
Possibly they wanted a movie of the same quality that Orson Welles would have experienced in 1938.
Posted By: INANE Re: War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 04:15 AM
Both (War of the Worlds and Minority Report) are Speilburg flicks are they not?

But ya I agree the video is grainy, but the LFE in that movie (DTS version) is one of the best I've ever hear/felt.

Posted By: CV Re: War of the Worlds - 03/19/07 05:04 AM
Yeah, I'd say the graininess was an intentional artistic effect. I can see why it would annoy some people, but I thought it made the films look all right. What about Grindhouse, the upcoming double-feature by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino? There's an intentional crap look for ya. I like it.
© Axiom Message Boards