Axiom Home Page
Posted By: vassillios New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/06/07 10:23 PM
Wow!

15"ers have led backlighting...hopefully this fixes uneven backlighting issues for lcd displays

nice new GPU upgrade

nice CPU upgrade if you have a first gen MBP like me

160 gb 7200 rpm upgrade option

If i could talk the wife into it...the LED, 2.4 bump and 160 7200 rpm gb upgrade (60gb more than i have now) would def make my day. I keep telling tha missus that she needs her own MBP (read: i get the new one, you get the old one).
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/06/07 10:26 PM
If I had the $, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/06/07 10:50 PM
If I liked Macs (and had the money) I'd buy it! $2500 can buy you a lot of computing power, or a lot of other cool "toys"...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/07/07 01:39 AM
If you go try top match the mac laptops spec for spec with a Dell/HP/whatever, you'll find the prices aren't that different. The "more expensive" bullet point went away when Apple switched to intel chips.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/07/07 01:42 AM
It's great being the Mac admin at a wealthy non-profit. I'll have one of these next fiscal year, which begins in September. I just have to decide if I want to stick with a 17" screen, or downsize to an LED-backlit 15". Hmmm....
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/07/07 01:49 AM
Quote:

If you go try top match the mac laptops spec for spec with a Dell/HP/whatever, you'll find the prices aren't that different. The "more expensive" bullet point went away when Apple switched to intel chips.

I agree, but again, to me, $2500 is still a lot of money. : Mac, PC, whatever... Jsut saying that $2500 gets you a lot either way.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/07/07 01:57 AM
That is true. I wouldn't even consider a MacBook Pro if it were my own money.
Posted By: mrnomas Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/07/07 01:15 PM
Quote:

wealthy non-profit.

There's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/07/07 04:10 PM
Obviously you've never heard of the non-profit we work for. Although I don't get a MacBook Pro. Grr...
Posted By: vassillios Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/08/07 12:11 PM
Quote:

It's great being the Mac admin at a wealthy non-profit. I'll have one of these next fiscal year, which begins in September. I just have to decide if I want to stick with a 17" screen, or downsize to an LED-backlit 15". Hmmm....

You guys hiring, for the Mac IT dept that is

BTW, i'm sure the HD 17" will be LED backlit by then.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/08/07 04:07 PM
I actually worked for a while as a Mac tech starting in 1995. I will NEVER do that again... Definately a user machine, not a technician's friend... At least back then.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Macbook Pros...yummmmy - 06/08/07 04:48 PM
It's better now--if you know/are willing to learn UNIX. If, like some of my former coworkers, you kept trying to work on it like OS 9/earlier, you're totally screwed.
© Axiom Message Boards