Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 06:43 PM
I have noticed over the past several days connecting from different locations that the Axiom site, particularly the message boards, as slow. Pages have been taking a long time to load. Has anyone else noticed the same? If so, Axiom, is there anything going on on your end that you are aware of? It might be work checking with your ISP to see if anything is going on, if I am not the only one noticing this.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 06:44 PM
Likewise. From my hotel in St. Louis (when I was online there at all, stupid iBahn...), home, and work.
Posted By: avdude Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 06:49 PM
the site has been slow especially the fourms for a week or more .. I believe Amie posted that the "IT" guys were looking into it ..

Avdude..
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 08:11 PM
yep, it has been pretty slow over the last few days for me as well. maybe they need to run their backups at night.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 09:29 PM
Very glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Sometimes it's just fine, and then it's very very slow. It seems to vary a lot in just a few minutes of time.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 09:30 PM
Slow for me too.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 09:57 PM
Quote:

Slow for me too.

Here too, painfully slow at times.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom site slow - 06/29/07 10:35 PM
Here, too.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom site slow - 06/30/07 02:36 PM
I guess I should stop refreshing every .5 seconds and hogging all the bandwidth on my 30mb connection.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom site slow - 07/02/07 06:05 PM
It's zipping along quite fast today. It must have been Peter.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom site slow - 07/02/07 06:15 PM
Yup. Finally had to choose between his internet connection and food.
Posted By: Joey Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 06:00 PM
Slow is not the word for it. It has basically stopped. The forum seems OK but when I try to log into my personal account to check on my order it completely freezes up.

AXIOM if you are reading any of these messages take note that there are multitudes of people in the world who will change their minds on purchasing from you if your web site doesn't work. They will equate the quality of your speakers with the quality of your avenue for purchasing them. How many sales you may have already lost know one knows and you will never know. I would seriously and quickly hire someone who knows what they're doing to get this fixed!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 06:13 PM
Can't say I'm seeing any performance problems with the store. Or with the forums for the last day or two.
Posted By: axiomadmin Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 06:46 PM
Hello;

We've made some changes to the database that drives the website and it seems to have cleared up the speed issues we've been having. The problem caused general slowness throughout the site, particularly in the order history, personal accounts, order processing areas. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If anyone notices further site issues, please feel free to let me know at webmaster@axiomaudio.com

Thanks,

James Savard
Axiom Audio
Posted By: avdude Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 07:07 PM
Could be your connection Joey.. I have had no problem in the last couple of days ... I just tried my account and a bunch of pages on the main site and they loaded instantly... I had been experiencing problems last week but things seem fine now..

Avdude..
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 07:09 PM
It's lightening fast for me today.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 09:01 PM
I'll second that.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 09:41 PM
Thanks a lot, James. It's very fast now.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 09:50 PM

It's working great on this end .
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom site slow - 07/03/07 10:13 PM
A great deal of speed increase here!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom site slow - 07/04/07 02:38 AM
Quote:

It's lightening fast for me today

It's so fast, the pounds are just melting from my gut.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom site slow - 07/04/07 03:43 AM
Yeah Jack, it's good that your diet is going well, but please keep on topic.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom site slow - 07/04/07 04:12 AM
It took Axiom 4 days to correct this issue from the time it was reported. This is really something that Axiom should be proud of and it speaks volumes about how quickly resources can be mobilized to respond to customer issues.
Posted By: HAY Re: Axiom site slow - 07/04/07 04:59 AM
Quote:

....I would seriously and quickly hire someone who knows what they're doing to get this fixed!

It's hard to tell how people mean things sometimes in this electronic world... It seemed to me that you were being a little strong, you still can pick up the phone. Which also may be the best way to inform a company that they're having Internet/Site issues

I checked your profile and then it just seemed to make some sense, you're looking for a job

Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom site slow - 07/04/07 06:42 AM
Quote:

multitudes of people in the world who will change their minds on purchasing from you if your web site doesn't work. They will equate the quality of your speakers with the quality of your avenue for purchasing them. How many sales you may have already lost know one knows and you will never know.

"Are you scared? You should be, you're on Scare Tactics!"

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards